𝘀𝗲𝗶 - 𝐌𝐑. 𝐂𝐀𝐓

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╔════▣◎▣════╗

2003

Mavis woke up with a heavy groan, her head throbbing as if a marching band were parading inside her skull. She winced as the morning light filtered through the curtains, stabbing her sensitive eyes like a thousand tiny needles. The room seemed to spin gently like it was mocking her for the previous night's indulgence.

Beneath the tangled sheets, The blonde's body felt as though it had been run over by a car. Every joint ached and her limbs seemed to protest any movement. 

She tried to remember the events of the previous night, but her memories were hazy at best, fragmented like a shattered mirror. She vaguely recalled laughter, the clinking of glasses and the spinning of a roulette wheel.

Summoning her strength, she pushed herself into a sitting position. The mere act of sitting up sent a wave of nausea crashing over her and she had to close her eyes and take deep breaths to keep from emptying the contents of her stomach.

With great effort, Mavis swung her legs over the edge of the bed and planted her feet on the floor. She teetered for a moment, gripping the edge of the mattress for support, before managing to stand. "Oh God, I shouldn't have drunk too much whiskey last night" Mavis muttered, dragging herself to the bathroom. 

As she turned on the faucet, the sound of running water was almost deafening. She splashed cold water on her face, hoping it would magically erase the signs of her hangover. Instead, the fae felt a fresh wave of dizziness washed over her.

Rummaging her bag, she grabbed a vial of pain relief potion she had brought together with her when she came here. Mavis gulped down the liquid, grimacing at the bitter taste. Thankfully, the potion worked its wonders as the blonde no longer felt the world was slowly swirling.

The reason for Mavis's suffering was that she had gone to celebrate New Year's Eve at a famous casino. What else to do when there was no one at her home? Gambling, of course!

Betting and wagering were things she loved to do during her pastime. The allure of chance and risk along with the exhilaration of success and the acceptance of loss, thrilled her. 

 Jane and the others went back to Volterra three days ago. Her sweet girl had exclaimed that the kings demanded her presence and explained to them regarding of her short disappearance. So, with a heartfelt prompting they would meet each other soon, they bid goodbye to her.

Yes. Soon.

═════════════════