𝗾𝘂𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗿𝗼 - 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╔════▣◎▣════╗

2002

The Volterra Castle.

A place where the largest and most dangerous vampires resided. It could be described as a majestic ancient fortress with towering stone walls, tall turrets and a weathered exterior that showed signs of age. The intricate architectural details evoked a sense of history and mystery and thus attracted the interest of tourists. It lured them straight into the hidden lion's den.

Inside all the dark grand halls, there was a large inner chamber. The room was circular, with dark green and red accents complimenting the cream-colored marble floors, walls and columns. Dim light spilled in from circular windows, symmetrically spaced around the room, nearing the domed ceiling. Latin words filled in the space between the circular windows, creating an endless connected chain. 

The centerpiece of the chamber held three ornately decorated black chairs with gold accents and carved lion heads at the armrests placed at one end of the room atop a three-tiered circular platform. It belonged to none other than the Volturi Kings.

The upper guards scattered all over the room, wearing different shades of grey and black cloaks. It had become a custom for them to hold a gathering every week for a report conclusion, however, today's discussion was about Alec Volturi's sister. His sister who was missing.

"Jane had been gone for almost two months now" The raven-haired king spoke. Aro. His ruby eyes squinted as he tapped his finger on the armchair absentmindedly. He was the one that sent Jane out for the task. It was a simple task at a nearby city and he thought there was no need for assistance so the blonde guard went alone.

Unexpectedly after a week, Jane went MIA. She didn't answer any of their calls and texts. Demetri could not even track her.

It worried Aro because Jane had one of the most lethal powers in their coven. Offensive abilities to make people go down on their knees. She was the reason the Volturi won the war against the Romanian coven centuries ago. What could make her disappear without a trace?

It left the coven in a state of crisis. Each of them pondered the prospect that might happen. A new enemy? A rebel? A dangerous nomad?

"Perhaps she was killed at the hands of a more gifted vampire?" The blond king beside Aro exclaimed. Caius. His sudden statement made Alec clenched his fists. He would not believe that. His sister was alive. He was sure of it.

"We all know that is impossible fratello. No one can beat Jane's gift" Aro grinned. "Furthermore, Marcus had shown me Alec's bond to her is still intact, which means she is not dead yet"