𝗾𝘂𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗶 - 𝐒𝐄𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐄

Warning!!!

A slight of smut in the middle of chapter and 7.5k+ words.

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╔════▣◎▣════╗

2003

As the first light of dawn broke over the horizon, casting a soft golden glow upon the ancient stone walls of the Volterra castle, the daybreak scene unfolded with an air of tranquility and anticipation.

From the highest turret to the deepest courtyard, the mortal inhabitants slowly stirred to life. Birds began to chirp and flutter about, their melodious songs echoing through the stillness of the morning air.

In this tranquil ambiance, Mavis sat perched on the edge of her bed, her demeanor fraught with worry. She glanced at the clock on the wall, its hands ticking away with an almost mocking rhythm. Her fingers drummed nervously on her knees as she awaited their arrival.

Without warning, her door was flung open. "Mav! We're here! What's wrong? Are you hurt? Did someone sneak into your room? Oh my god, are you bleeding?!" Heidi exclaimed loudly, her beautiful face a picture of distress.

Mavis widened her eyes. "W-what? No!" she stammered.

"Mother? Are you alright?" Jane asked from behind the group of four with Atlas on her shoulder. Unlike the weird bond the mystical bird had with Felix, Atlas appeared to tolerate or maybe even like Jane and Alec. Possibly because of their close connection to Mavis.

"Come in first. Oh, and close the door please" Mavis said. "What is going on, Mavis? You texted us at seven in the morning saying ' Emergency! Come to my room ASAP! Bring donuts!'. And why do you look so red? You're not having a fever are you?" Chelsea questioned as she sized Mavis over.

The Queen was still wearing her nightdress, with her mane of hair that was styled in a messy braid, and wearing a pair of fluffy bunny slippers. "Well, did you bring them?"

"Bring what?" Renata tilted her head.

"My donuts. Did you bring my donuts?" Mavis crossed her arms, giving them a pointed look.

Jane sighed. "Yes, mother. I have your donuts here with me" the blonde girl passed a plate of donuts covered in icing sugar. She honestly thought that Mavis shouldn't have a boost of lactose so early in the day but her mother looked so stressed in her eyes. So, as her mother's daughter, Jane had to go along with indulging her craving.

"Now, can you tell us why we're in your room? Where are the Kings by the way?" Heidi asked, lifting her perfect eyebrow. "I drove them away before I texted you guys" Mavis mumbled.