𝘁𝗿𝗲 - 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╔════▣◎▣════╗

2002

Jane Volturi despised humans.

They were the reasons why she turned into a creature of the night. Until this day, she still could remember the pain when the burning flames licked her flesh. She could see the skin falling off her hands and body. Her twin brother's hand gripping tightly on hers like she was his lifeline. She heard someone screaming, only to realize it was her.

Pain.

Jane wanted it to stop. She begged them to release her brother and her. They didn't do anything wrong. Everything hurts. 

It came to surprise her when she was awakened the next moment, she should be dead. Afterall no one could survive being burned alive but there she was. Not breathing but not dead either. Her perspective of the world had changed. It became clearer. Smoother. Jane would be forever grateful to her king Aro for giving Alec and her another chance to live as a sibling once more.

Here and now in the 21st century, Jane was assigned a task to observe and handle a newborn case in Sienna. They were leaving trails of feeding that could expose their kind. As a member of Volturi, it was her job to dispose of any disturbance to keep their 3000 years of society stay hidden.

It worked in her favour that the weather was overcast and dull today. It looked as though it might rain at any moment.

Jane strolled down the main street of the town which was lined with ambitious and beautiful stone buildings. At one end stood a rundown motel while on the other, a gas station. There was also a grocery, a hardware store, a diner and a bar. Small businesses occupied their street valley. Elderly were selling trinkets and candy to youngsters. And finally, a stretch of woods at the east end of the town.

Lost in her thought, Jane accidentally bumped into a woman who promptly started rebuking her. "Sei cieco? Guarda dove stai andando!" she fumed.

Seeing as Jane didn't give her any reaction other than staring blankly with creepy eyes, the woman became more livid. She was actually jealous of Jane's doll-like beauty. How could she not be? She spent thousands under the knife to get the perfect look she wanted yet this child naturally had it! It's not fair!

"Sto parlando con te! Sei anche tu sordo? Quanto puoi essere scortese?" the woman screeched. "Non parlo con i pazzi" Jane silky voice chimed.

It seemed that was the last straw for the human. She raised her hand, ready to slap the insolent girl until a voice called out to Jane.