𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗼 - 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐘

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╔════▣◎▣════╗

2003

Mavis found herself standing in a sunlit kitchen, the smell of freshly baked donuts wafting through the air. The familiar long table was adorned with trays of these delectable treats, each one decorated with a generous coating of sugary glaze and colorful sprinkles.

The fae's heart swelled with anticipation as she reached out to grab one of the donuts. Her fingertips brushed against the soft, warm surface and she could almost taste the sugary sweetness. But before she could take a bite, a figure suddenly appeared.

 It was a blond man with a mullet hairstyle wearing a mischievous grin on his face, standing right beside her. He reached out with lightning speed and snatched the donut from her hand. Mavis gasped in surprise, her eyes widening in disbelief. The man took a triumphant bite, a smear of glaze clung to his lips.

"You want this? Too bad you can't have it" the man said with a playful smirk danced on his lips as he took another big, satisfying bite.

═════════════════

Caius gazed tenderly at the woman lying peacefully in the center of his bed, her tousled hair spread like a halo around her head. Her face, bathed in the gentle light, was relaxed and her eyes were closed, signaling her deep slumber.

As he watched her, a small smile played on his lips, filled with affection and warmth. The room was still, save for the faint sound of her rhythmic breathing.

Then, something unexpected happened. His lover lost in the realm of dreams, began to mumble and speak in her sleep. Her words were fragmented and nonsensical, yet they held a strange allure that drew him in.

Caius leaned closer, careful not to wake her. He softly brushed strands of her hair away from her face. "What are you dreaming of, dolcezza?" he mumbled.

"Arien, you oaf. Don't steal my donut" Mavis slurred, burying herself deeper in the pillow.

The name was like an unexpected jolt of electricity coursing through his veins. Caius was sure he had heard it right, but doubt gnawed at him like a persistent itch.

He couldn't help but wonder who Arien was. A thousand questions raced through his mind. Was Arien a former lover? A friend from her past? Or perhaps just a fleeting memory from a distant dream? He knew he shouldn't jump to conclusions, but the name had ignited a spark of jealousy and curiosity within him.