𝗱𝗼𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗶 - 𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐍𝐈𝐂

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╔════▣◎▣════╗

2003

"Thorin is such a prick"

Mavis laughed at her daughter's comment. "And why would you say that sweet girl?" she mused. True to her word, the blonde fae had looked for Jane and Alec and decided they would have some sort of picnic together.

The twins were, of course, ecstatic to comply with their mother's wish. They were quick to grab Mavis, fleeing from their supposed assigned task and leaving behind a sulking Felix who protested he wanted to join them as well.

The three of them spread a cozy blanket beneath an oak tree in the castle garden, surrounded by the rustling leaves and the soothing sounds of nature. Jane was leaning into Mavis's warmth, resting her head on the fae's shoulder while her twin brother, Alec, with his mop of black unruly hair sprawled out on the unfolded blanket. His head rested comfortably on Mavis's lap. A contented smile played on his lips as he listened to the chatters of his family. 

Alec would often daydream about picnicking with a family of his own in a lush green meadow, surrounded by flowers and laughter. He had forgotten what it was like to spend his human time with his biological mother. But now, thanks to Mavis, his queen, a person he could trust with his life, his mother.

Mavis Viatrix had brought back the memories of a mother's warm touch. Baking pies and cakes he couldn't even eat. Telling stories and myths from their time. Taking a stroll together when the weather was cloudy and shopping.

Alec silently shuddered as he remembered how his mother could turn into a shopping maniac when she was on a buying spree.

"I don't get it. Why would he treat Bilbo like that? He does realize that it's Bilbo's first time stepping out of his home right? The poor little guy doesn't even know how to ride a pony" Jane narrowed her crimson eyes as she aggressively flipped the book.

The blonde girl by no means was a saint. She didn't have empathy toward anyone other than her loved ones but somehow, Jane always lost control of her emotions when it involved reading books about fictional worlds that didn't even exist.

Mavis glanced down at her and smiled softly. "Try to understand it from Thorin's perspective, Jane. He has to bear too many expectations from his kinsmen. His people rely on him and as their leader, he just wants the best for them. To know that his only way to reclaim his home depends on a no offense by the way, weak man with no experience of handling a weapon and a stranger nonetheless, it must be very stressful for him." Mavis's fingers absentmindedly played with her sweet boy's hair.