Chapter-10

Next Day

Everybody was in the dining room except for Umaira. She was still not feeling good and didn't want to come out or meet anyone so Sumaira took her breakfast to her room.

"Ab kaisi hai Umaira?" Israr asked his wife sitting beside him.

"Kuch behtar hai lekin kuch bol bhi nahi Rahi or na hi kuch khaya hai" She replied.

"Maine ek decision liya hai" Israr said as everyone looked at him with lost expression.

"Mai 3 din ke baad uski Ruksati kar Dena chahta hun." His words left everyone shocked.

"Kyaa?? 3 din? Means this Friday?" Noori said

"Haan...Mai chahta hu woh ab Talal ke saath rahe kyuki woh ab uski zimmedari hai, aur yahan se nikal kar usko new atmosphere milega toh ye sab bhool jayegi" He explained.

"Talal tumhari kya Marzi hai" His mother asked putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Ammi I think we should ask Umaira first and take her decision as our last decision" He said

"Theek hai phir, Noori tum baat Karo usse or ho sake toh Raazi karlo" Israr said and left the house after saying Allah Hafiz.

____________________________________

Sumaira was back with the untouched food tray from Umaira's room.

"Khaya nahi kuch usne" Naeema asked.

"Nahi ammi...Maine pucha ki kuch aur khana hai toh she said no" Sumaira replied as her eyes met with Zoheb who was pouring water in a glass. She quickly looked away.

"But kal uska cheesecake aur French fries khane ka bahot Dil tha unfortunately we couldn't have it." said Sumaira.

"Haan jao Jake ab lekar aao uske liye" Naeema said

"Ammi iss waqt toh koi hai bhi nahi...Ayaan, Tufail bhai bahr gaye hue hain" She said ignoring Zoheb

"Ye 6 foot ka insaan nahi dikh Raha tumhe" Naeema said pointing towards Zoheb. Sumaira just shrugged. She wasn't sure if he would go with her or not.

"Aajao bahar, mai wait kar raha hu" Zoheb said in a cold tone and left.

______________________________________

They both left in his car. She really wished someone else was in the car with them, may be a driver, but to her bad luck, Zoheb took the driving seat, much to her dissappointment. She hesitatingly went to sit beside him, but she had no plans of talking to him.

She focused outside, watching the cars in the back and front, the sceneries passing by. Anything but him. Zoheb also stayed quiet, but her silence was making his temper rise. He hated it. He hated it more than he had ever thought he could hate anything.

"Is this how it's going to be?!!" Zoheb burst out, losing his cool. Sumaira looked at him, the coldness didn't leave her face even for a second.

"Yes." She replied in a cold tone.

"Can you just listen to my side of the story for once?" His voice was cracking with some of the emotions.

"Why would I? Who am I? It's not like you owe me an explanation! We're just cousins! It's your life. Do whatever you want to do. I'm nobody to ask you about your side of the story." She blurted out in a single breath. The truth was, she did want an explanation. She wanted to know who that “Jaan” was.

"If you don't care then why were you not talking to me and ignoring me as if I don't even exist?" He asked.

"Who said I was ignoring you? I was- I was just...." She couldn’t think of the words so she went silent.