Chapter-20

A few hours later, Talal was discharged from the hospital and Naeema told him to take leave from his office and rest at home. All of his reluctance was washed away by Umaira’s emotional blackmail and he agreed to rest at home.

Umaira was behaving like a perfect wife these days. Before leaving for university, she would always make sure that Talal had his breakfast and check if he needed something.

"Ye lein, jaldi se soup pee lein uske baad I have to go" Umaira entered her room with a bowl of soup in a tray. Talal, who was busy replying to some emails, lifted his head only to see his Shareek e Hayat holding the only thing he has been consuming since his not so serious accident.

"Sadqey jaun aapki iss care par, Rahem khayein Shohar par thoda aur kuch aur la kar dein iss soup ke elawa" He said, placing his phone on the bedside table.

"Ji nahi, Headquarters se order aaya hai ki aapko Soup se hi Nawaza jaye" Umaira replied, fixing the bed table in front of him and putting the tray on it.

"Jaan sakta hu ye headquarters kon hai?" He said while staring at her.

"Aapki Pyaari Ammi Jaan" She answered with a wide smile. He sighed.

"Itna Zulm mat Karo mere tastebuds par, kahin accha khana Milne par woh taste identify hi na kar payein" He groaned, blowing on the spoonful of soup.

"Nahi karte Zulm, Aaj hi aapke khane ka upgrade ho raha hai aur aapko kuch accha khane ko milega okayy?" She said and turned to get up. Before she could leave, he caught her wrist and pulled her to sit opposite him.

She raised her eyebrows in a look of *Ab kya hua?*

"Tum banaogi khana?" He replied with his own question.

"Aap chahte hain ki mai banaun?" She asked.

"Waise mujhe apne digestive system ki bahot fikr hai but pyaar se banaogi toh Zeher bhi kha lenge" His voice overflowed with mocked sweetness as he placed a hand over the right side side of his chest.

"Dil left side par hota hai" She moved his hand over his heart, trying to hide the smile threatening to break on her face.

"Tumhari mohabbat ne toh mujhe ye tak bhula Diya hai ki dil left mein hota hai ya right mein" He winked.

"Veryyyy Foonnnnyyyyy, Now finish your soup aur mai late ho Rahi hu uni ke liye" She said and hurried towards the wardrobe.

"Accha Zoheb se baat Hui? Kab tak aaraha hai woh?" He said in between a mouthful of soup.

"Ji hui thi, next month aajayenge Bhai" She peeked from behind the cupboard door to answer him. He nodded.

"Aur tumhara graduation ke baad kya plan hai?" He casually asked.

"Abhi itna nahi socha but I'll prepare for some competitive exams like the Civil services."She replied.

"Really?? I thought you like your comfort zone where you're just going to the university and getting the degree & all" He said, as her appearing for competitive exams was quite surprising for him. He used to think that she'd do Masters & maybe PhD. However, this sudden disclosure of her plan about appearing for Civil Services exam made him proud.

"No doubt I like my comfort zone but to become independent is another thing jiske liye mai compromise nahi karungi" She replied and sat near him.

Umaira had always been inspired by her father's Uniform who was a State Police Officer. The respect he got from his colleagues due to his post. The Official car he had been given by the government of India where the *Government of India* was written clearly at the front & back always created a sense of passion in her. She always used to iron her father's Uniform although they had helpers for that because she loved the smell, aura, and respect oozing from it. She never shared this dream of hers with anyone until Talal asked her today.