Chapter-18

Umaira was busy making a special breakfast for her brother who was going to Dubai for almost 9 months while everybody else was busy with their own things. Talal was also ready as he had to drop Zoheb to the airport before going to his office.

"Assalamualaikum" Zoheb entered the dining hall pulling his luggage.

"Beta aajao... breakfast karlo aur flight ka time kya hai?" Noori asked him.

"Ji ammi flight 1 baje hai toh bas breakfast ke baad nikal jaunga" He replied.

"Bhai I'll miss you.." It was Tufail who said this.
Everyone said "Awww" in sync.

"Barkurdaar!! Sab khairiyat toh hai?" Zoheb asked him as he was not someone who missed anyone this easily.

"Ji Bhai...woh aate waqt agar new...mera matlab hai mera phone kaafi purana ho Gaya hai tohhh...." Tufail finally presented his true intentions. A smack on his head by Talal was enough to shut him up.

"Kitne materialistic hain aap Tufail bhai" Sumaira remarked, having caught a gist of their conversation as she made her way into the dining hall.

"Haan ab mai materialistic hogaya....kyuki tumhare shohar se boldiya isliye na?" Tufail rolled his eyes at her. But the word "Shohar" was enough for her to turn crimson red and she quickly went towards the kitchen, trying to ignore the pair of eyes fixed on her.

"Chup karke breakfast karo" Naeema scolded him.

"Ji ammi" He said half-heartedly.

_______________________________________
After breakfast, Sumaira went to her room, signaling Zoheb to come after her. Zoheb was happy to oblige.

"Mai apni watch bhool aaya hu room mein hi....lekar aata hu" Zoheb tried to excuse himself from the dining table.

"Bhai mujhe lag raha hai jo aapne haath me pahni hai woh watch hi hai" Tufail said and elbowed Ayaan, both of them trying to stop their laughter.

"Ohh haan" Zoheb said, clearly embarrassed.

"Nahi mera matlab hai dusri watch Mai shayad bhool aaya hu...lemme just go and grab it" He said.

"Ji ji jayein jayein...waqt sabka wait nahi karta room mein" Tufail winked as he knew why Zoheb wanted to go upstairs.

"Shut up!!" Zohed gritted out and finally walked out without meeting Tufail & Ayaan's teasing gaze.

____________________________________

Sumaira was standing on her balcony when she felt a familiar warmth on her back. She turned around to find her handsome husband standing there.

"Jiii Ma'am...aapne bulaya?" He asked.

"Mujhe bulana pada!!!...kyuki aap toh shayad Bina mile hi chale jate haina?" She said looking directly into his gray orbs.

"Aise kaise?....mere pass bhi plans the aapse last time Milne ke lekin phir aapne hi...." He was cut off by her.

"Accha theek hai..." She said.

"I wanted to give you something" She walked inside her room while Zoheb followed her. She went to her bedside table and took out a box from the drawer.

"This is for you!" She said, forwarding that box towards him who passed her a confusing look.

He opened the box only to find a customized handkerchief with their initials embroidered on it along with their nikkah date.