Chapter-12

Umaira was sitting on his bed in her bridal dress when she saw him enter the room and bolt bolt the door. Her heart felt like it was about to fly out of her chest.

[Reference for Talal's room as you guys bombarded last chapter's comment section for picture references]

Talal entered his dimly lit room and his eyes settled over the silhouette of his wife sitting on his bed with the flare of her dress covering more than half of his bed. Her face was covered by the veil of her Red organza dupatta.

"Ahmm" He cleared his throat to make his presence known in the room.

Her toes curled at his voice, making the bed sheet crumble.

She closed her eyes tightly even as she felt the bed dip with his weight. He was sitting near her.

He gently placed his right hand on her head and murmured Charon Qul and blew all over her body before lifting her veil.
[The 4 Qul (Char Qul) are short yet powerful Surahs in the Holy Qur'an which hold immense rewards and benefits]

"Change karlo" He said as he got up.

"Aapko nahi lagta hume pehle kuch baat karni chahiye" she said with a broken voice. The pain was evident in her tone.

"Kya baat"

"Kya hua hai aapko?" She asked.

"Mujhe...mujhe toh kuch nahi hua"

"Phir itna berukhi se kyu baat kar rahe hain aap mujhse jab se woh incident hua hai"

"Mai bas tumse door rahne ki koshish kar raha tha....I know ye sab jaldi-jaldi me hua lekin mai tumhe uncomfortable feel nahi karwana chahte tha. Khaskar uss incident ke baad se." He said without looking into her eyes.

"Are you serious?" She huffed.

"Kahi aapko ye toh nahi laga ki mera rap-" Her words were cut off as he quickly placed his palm over her mouth, making her unable to speak.

"Tum pagal ho ya dimaagh bech Diya hai kahin?" he asked.

"Tohh phir aap clearly bata sakte the na?? Mere Dil mein pata nahi kaise-kaise khayal aarahe the" her voice shook as she tried to hold the unshed tears in her eyes.

"I admit...Ye meri ghalati hai." he sighed and lowered himself to sit close to her, slowly bringing his arms around her to engulf her in a gentle hug.

"Let's pray first" he murmured in her ear.
A few minutes later, they were both standing  on their prayer mats, Umaira behind him as he led the prayer. As their prayer ended, Talal cupped his hands in front of him, making dua for peace to return to their lives. He prayed for her happiness too. After they had finished, they both sat down on the foot of the bed, side by side.

"Tum washroom mein change karlo...mai room me hi karleta hu'' Talal's voice broke Umaira's chain of thoughts and she nodded.

After twenty minutes, Umaira came out of the washroom in her satin night suit and went straight to the dressing table. Talal was already resting at his side of the bed.