In Hot Water

In Hot Water

JOSIE SAT across from Levi thumbing her phone case, listening to him rant about something random, she had tuned him out staring off into space, she had moments where she would just fade away, it's not that she meant for it to happen, she starts to think and once its start's she is no longer here.

"And we found this one studio on Breckham, and she liked the lighting on the brick, I'm not sure what it meant though." Levi rants to her, she keeps staring, his voice sounds almost muffled to her as if she was submerged in a tank while the world around her continued on.

"But we saw the rent and decided not to do it." He keeps talking, she thumbed the top of the case. "Jo." He says's noticing her staring off into space.

"Josie." He say's clearly, she sniff snapping out of her trance and looking at him. "Sorry what?" she say's, he furrowed his brow's confused.

"Are you okay?" He wonders, do i look okay, she thinks, her lip's forming a thin line. "Yeah."

"Yeah yeah, I'm alright." She reassure's him, even though she could see through her own lie's, usually, she was good at hiding her problems, someday's are better than most. "You sure?" He asks.

"Yeah, you two eventually decided on a place right?" Josie wonder's changing the subject, he chuckles.

"Yes, we did, this place on Wallace, its near this nice little shop." Levi recalls to her, and she smiles in approval.

"Thats awesome." She tells him, she look's over to Alex seeing her doing her checks on the ambulance.

"When we got here, we lived with her mom, and took us about four months till we found a cheap place." Joise recalls.

"Yeah, how did you two meet?" Levi wonders, and she smirk's sipping her coffee. "Well." She rub's her hand excited to explain the story to him.

"We meet as freshmen at the University of Florida, we both got full rides on swimming and diving, we kind of got off on the wrong foot." Josie admit's to him, he furrowed his brow's wondering.

"How, you two are almost perfect." He states, she chuckle's. "Well, it wasnt like that at first, and thank you for that." She say's.

"I kind of have this thing where I dont really like being upstaged, she was one of the better diver's on the team beating me, I was not the nicest to her." Joise tell's him.

"So when my old roommate dropped out, Alex took her place and we were forced to interact with each other, kind of like the parent trap." Josie compares, and he laughs. "I love that movie." He says.

"Who doesn't." Josie say's, he raise's a brow thinking of another question. "You two never dated did you?" He ask's, her eye's widen at him.

"Oh no im not her type." Josie tell's him. "And what is that?" He asks, she smirk looking to the blonde.