Tis The Damn Season

Tis The Damn Season 

LITTLE HIGHER. Josie order's Clem's as he held up the twinkly blue light's. Christmas season had arrived in L.A  and it was in full swing in the paramedic house. Alex had took it upon herself to help decorate the house, forcing Josie into doing it, calling her a scrooge. 

"Little more." She say's, he bring's the cord up higher. "Perfect." She say's. The two men on the ladder's grumble to themselves. She walk's over to Alex, who was pulling out tinsel from a box. 

"Light's are done." Josie tell's her, she grabs the rest of the silver lining decoration's, detangling. "Great, what about the wreath's?" She ask's her.  Josie raised a brow as she tried to think. 

"Uh I think." She tell's her, the blonde playfully glared at her friend. "Jo." She say's. 

"What?! Are you trying to make it Santa's village?" She remark's. Alex shake's her head. 

"No I'm trying to make this place merrier, unlike our apartment." She point's out. Josie scoff's, she had become so busy that she didn't care enough to put up any christmas decoration's. it was fine with her though, it serve's as a reminder why she alway's working. 

"I put up a mini tree." Josie point's out. 

"In the kitchen, that's two inches tall." Alex point's out. She reaches back into the box, pulling out a Santa hat. 

"Here!" She tosses it to her. Josie looked down at it in her hand's. "That outta to take the bah humbug out of you." She joke's. 

She huff's pulling it on over head. "Happy?" Josie ask's her with a thin line smile. Alex shrug's it a start. 

Levi grunt's setting down another box of decoration's. He smile's looking between the two of them. "Alright we have about eight ribbon's, several small cut out's of buddy the elf, and some reindeer statue's." He tell's them. 

"What do you want to mess with first?" Levi ask's Alex. She think's for a moment. "Give the reindeer to Jo, and set up the ribbon's in the locker room." She order's the both of them. 

"Yes Boss." Levi say's, he pick's up the box walking into the room. At least someone's happy, she think's to herself.  Josie sit's down the tinsel, she sighed heavy turning around. 

Every year of Christmas till she was fifteen was magical, it least it seemed that way to her. Her family and Maria's would join up every Christmas eve and play game's, her and Josie would sneak away from the party to talk on the roof. One time when they were twelve, she had snuck blanco tequila. 

Maria and her drank some of it, quitting after they both started getting dizzy. She thumbed the end's of the Santa hat. This year is no diffrent from last year, same sad feeling. She turned around following Levi.