Funhouse

Funhouse 

DID I MENTION, that I hate carnivals? Levi asks the two of them, Josie groans leaning her head back in her seat at his question, "Yes repeatedly." She tells him, she looked out at the dark evening of Los Angeles. 

"Im sorry, like Im really starting to not like Halloween anymore." He admits, she sighed at him looking between the back of the ambulance and the front of the rig, another call being related to the holiday, this time bats attacking a haunted house. 

"Do you think we are gonna get rabies? Most bats carry rabies and I dont really feel like getting it." He says in concern, Alex chuckles at his worry. "Relax, I think we should be fine." She reasures him. 

"Yeah who knows maybe they will be radioactive and you can become batman." Josie remarks, he raised a brow. "You know thats not the story of batman right?" He asks her, she shrugs. 

"I only watched those movies for Christian Bale." She admits to him, he chuckles.  "Im not into the whole superhero genre thing, its fine but not my thing." Josie says. 

"I will though always enjoy a cheesy rom com." Josie says with a smile, she had no shame in admitting that she had a love for old movies, having grown up with them and being the only thing that the small TV in fathers shop would play. 

"What about horror?" Levi wonders, she shrugged again, "Not a fan, although that one movie about Aliens was pretty good." Josie says. 

"Independence Day?" Alex and Levi says in unison, she shakes her head no. "No its in a high school, that Hobbit dude is in it." She tells him, his jaw dropped. 

"First of all, he was in Lord of the Rings, second thats The Faculty." He tells her, she chuckled at him.  "Wow your extremely nerdy." Josie comments, his face dropped at her words. 

"Which I applaud you for." Josie reasures him, he smiled softly. "Your in good company." She says, Alex looked up from looking down at the road, the ambulance comes to a stop at a haunted house. 

"What morons build a haunted house right next to a bat habitat?" Alex asks rhetorically, Josie shakes her head in disbelief.  "Apparently these ones." She states, she grabs her first aid bag getting out of the ambulance. 

⍧⍧⍧

"You should be fine." Josie tells the girl dressed up with vampire prothestics, the girl had fake blood running down her face which got mixed into her actual blood that Josie had almost mistaken her wound, she helps the girl up to her feet as she exits the horror maze. 

She sighs adjusting her gloves. She picks up her first aid kit. 

"When did Halloween start becoming intense?" Josie asks herself. she picked up her flashlight looking around at the scary decorations, fake cobwebs dangled from the ceiling, she could see an outline of a fake spider in the glowing blue cottons.