It's Not Your Fault!

Nononono!

Fuck no!

This is just a nightmare, a fucking nightmare!

This can't be happening.

The only person who was there for her in all the dark times can't be dead.

Wake up, wake up!

Wake up, Dia!

Wake up,

"Wake up," she screamed, hoping to get out of the nightmare.

"Wake up, you stupid," she screamed again and banged on her grandma's chest, trying to wake her up. There was a bullet hole on her forehead, someone killed her grandma and she fucking knew who he was.

Someone kept a hand on her shoulder, "she is gone," Zed said.

"no, no, don't say that. Don't fucking say that," she yelled again. She banged again on her chest, "Wake up, grandma, you can't leave me," she cried.

"You can't leave me here like this, I'm nothing without you. I'll be lost without you, come back to me, please. Please, Grandma! Come back to me, I can't live without you. Please. Come back to me. Come back to me," she cried and clung to Diana's body.

Asher was standing there witnessing how her woman was shattering into pieces in front of him. He was helpless. He just wished he could somehow go to God if there was any and bring her grandma back.

It was painful, fucking painful to watch her like that, he moved closer, "she is at peace, baby," he cooed while keeping a supportive hand on her back.

Walter and Zed had tears in their eyes.

"she is not waking up Asher, tell her to come back to me. Please, I'll do anything, tell her to come back," she sobbed, "come back to me, come back to your little girl, grandma, please,"

He couldn't say anything, the words were never enough to calm her. She was crying like her soul was on fire.

"come here," he brought her face to his chest and she wailed. Her cries never stopped but he was there to hold her when she was breaking up. His presence gave her some sort of strength, "you have me, baby. I got you," he tried to comfort her. He tried all the soothing words she wanted to hear but none were enough to soothe her.

After a few hours, when Zed gave them the signal that they should leave, he clutched her to the exit door. She was too tired to notice what was happening around her.

He made her sit in the front seat of the car. Her cries stopped but her eyes were bleeding. He drove back to his apartment. Dia opened the door and walked inside it like a zombie. Asher followed her and she went inside his bedroom still recovering from the shock.

She stopped when she looked at the mirror, she stared at at her reflection for a few minutes. Asher came inside the room and observed her from a distance. Unsure of whether he should go to her or wait at the door. He wanted to give her some space but not right now even if she needed it. He was going to be there for every second for her.

"It's you, it's because of you she is dead," she screamed at her own reflection in the mirror while slamming on it with her bare hands, "it's because of you she died, you killed her, you killed Rory, you killed your grandma, you fucking monster," she yelled and slammed hard on glass. It smashed into pieces not as much as she was in. Her skin broke but she did not stop. The past about Rory came rushing back to her, triggering her even more.

Asher quickly crossed the distance and stood between her and her shattered reflection. Blood covered her hands but she still slammed her fist on Asher's chest and sobbed, "She left me, she left me, Asher, I killed her," he cupped her face and forced her to look her, "Look at me, Dia," she met his gaze.

"this is not your fault, this is not your fault, this is not your fault, this is not your fault, this is not your fault...," he didn't know how many times he repeated to get that into her head that it's not her fault. She broke into his chest again.

He made her sit on a chair and knelt in front of her to take out the little piece of glass from her hand. She did not feel any pain, she looked like a zombie. She was tired, all the energy was sucked out of her. She looked like she has lost all her motives to live anymore.

"I know this is hard for you but you have me, I promise I'll never leave you again, baby," he whispered.

"cry in my arms, break in my arms, I'll fucking hold you for a lifetime. You don't have to go through this alone,"

She cried again in his arms, he picked her up and led them towards the huge couch. She grabbed onto him tightly when he lay on the couch taking her with him. She was lying on top of him on the couch while he moving his hands on her back.

He didn't know for how long he held her but after a few hours, her breathing evened out. She fell asleep on his chest while he was cradling her. She felt safe in his arms and got into a deep sleep after a wretched day. He made sure not to move his body so much otherwise she'll wake up. His hands on her back never left, he made sure she knew he was there.

Both of them drifted off holding each other like the world was going to end.