MEETUPS (Y/N POV) 1/1

In my lifetime the first emotion was and still is always sadness. After I got kicked out and broke up with especially. I know I'm worthless and don't deserve the love, so why do I keep giving it to myself? I'm just a lonely 20-year-old navigating a life I don't want. So why do I choose to live, time and time again?

I kept asking myself those questions, and as soon as I stopped asking them I found the answer, death is only the end if you assume the story is about you and that's exactly what I thought. It was only about me.

I was at my end when my boyfriend broke up with me and got kicked out, if I was going to be honest, I tried to kill myself, as soon as the next day started. I walked to an unpopulated bridge and stood there on the edge. I had my note in my pocket. I read it to myself one last time. It read;

Hi, whoever's reading this. My name is Kim Y/N it is currently November 24, 2019, and unless you're one of my close friends or family you probably don't know me, but that doesn't matter because if you're reading this I'm already dead anyway. Thank you that Is all I want to say because I know that I could go on for a million years but that word pretty much sums up what I was going to say oh and also I'm sorry, not to any of you but to myself. I hope to see you all in the afterlife if there happens to be one, bye.

The sheet of paper soaked in tears as I read it.

I climbed over the edge but didn't jump, no one got to read my letter, because someone walked up next to me for some reason. Chan, Felix, Hyunjin, and Jeongin. I quickly hopped back over.

"Shit Y/N what are you doing? don't off yourself," Chan said, out of breath as I stuffed the note in my pocket and wiped my tears.

"What are you guys doing here?" I respond still sniffing.

"Well long story short, our apartment is right above this bridge, and I was staring out the window aimlessly when I saw a little girl," I.N. said but was interrupted.

"Don't make it sound creepy," Hyunjin said, nudging Jeongin on the shoulder.

"I WASN'T, anyway I saw someone and then I saw her climb over the edge of the bridge and read a note. So I told Han, who got injured, and then Chan came racing in and then I ask about the girl" Jeongin said. "He shouted something like 'OH SHIT' paused and then said 'Is that girl Y/N' so that's when we all came racing down here thinking you were going to commit."

"Is that why Chan is still wearing PJs?" I said, then saw Chan stare down at himself.

"Well..." Chan said awkwardly.

"Technically Hyunjin is also in his pajamas so..." Jeongin said.

"Oh..." I said. "Well thank you, for checking on me."

"Are you ok?" Chan asked.

"Yeah, thanks" I responded.

"Let's go on a walk! I wanted to call you anyway." Felix said trying to distract from the conversation.

"Can I come too?" Hyunjin asked, and I accepted.

We all went on a walk, and Felix dragged me into a couple of stores along with Hyunjin. I think we built a connection.

"Well that was fun, but I have to go," I said.

"Let's do this again!" Felix replied, "I'll text you the details."

"Can I get your number too?" Hyunjin asked me.

"OH, yeah, sure it's 555-555-5555" I smiled. "Well, I have to get going."

I left the peace to go right back to the madness of being homeless and boyfriendless, but hey, Felix did keep his promise of hanging out with me a little more, and Hyunjin did text me on Feb 2, 2021, at noon.

'Come over' wait... what? I texted back immediately.

'Where am I supposed to find you?' I responded.

'At the dorms.' Then he sent the address. I walked there, it was still a little chilly, so I grabbed a light sweater and walked over to the dorms. When I got there, I knocked on the door, and Seungmin answered.

"Hello, Y/N, we have something special planned!" Seungmin said, opening the door wider. As I looked in the room, I saw their dorm lit up with party decorations, I almost completely forgot it was my birthday, I remembered this as the first day my ex-boyfriend abused me. I started sobbing. Hyunjin ran toward me.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Sorry," I whipped my tears. "This is just the first birthday party I have had since getting kicked out."

"You got kicked out?" They all said simultaneously.

"Oh right, I forgot to tell you. I was kicked out that day you dropped me off at my house, but I have a home now don't worry." I laughed, no one seemed to find it funny. We had a lot of fun that night, it was Jeongins first time drinking, he got drunk, and so did Chan. He was a real lightweight. He started stripping, so Hyunjin had to tuck him into bed.

We laughed and talked about whatever came to mind. That was when it was time to leave, and I did. I also got all of the member's phone numbers. We all connected a lot, and I talked to them individually but the next time it was all of us together was today. December 31, 2022.