01 || Birthday B*tch

Sativa (slowed) - Jhene Aiko & Swae Lee

𓆩♡𓆪 𓆩♡𓆪 𓆩♡𓆪

Evie

"Reese, let's go!" I call from the bottom of the stairs. Checking the time on my phone I realize we're gonna be way past fashionably late at this point.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Jeez woman," Reese huffs as she throws her purse over her shoulder. "We can be fashionably late, ya know. It's a thing for a reason, made for people like me."

"Clearly. At the rate you go to get ready we should be named best dressed everytime we go out." I joke as we walk out the front door.

"Well, I can tell you we're gonna be the hottest girls at the bar. Especially you, Ms. Birthday Girl. You'll have men flocking to be in your presence." She compliments the extra effort I put into my appearance tonight.

I got my hair done yesterday and styled it to my liking tonight. I had on a simple white tank top and a black skirt with a dangerously high slit ending right underneath my hip. And it wouldn't be me if I didn't wear my black leather jacket over it. Add some small gold hoops, a rosy lip, and voila.

A classic babe at the bar look. Only dulled down to my color palette. You would never find me as the mysterious girl in red who got stood up by her date.

That's just not me.

It took us twenty minutes to arrive at Murphys, the local bar most of us go to. Walking in I wish I could say the first people we saw were some students and Braden, but my luck ran out because I saw a group that I wish I could avoid.

Forget group. The entire team is here.

"Oh for fucks sake." I mumble under my breath as Reese walks up next to me.

"Mamma mia." she claps her hands together and I see the bright smile plastered across her face. "If it isn't the hottest men on campus. All in one place? You really must be my lucky charm Evie, this never happens."

Yeah. So lucky.

Most of the team is sitting at the bar, but the four I'm worried about are circled around the pool table in what looks like the end of a game. I slowly take a few steps forward, searching for Braden, but I can't seem to find him.

"So who are you choosing birthday girl?" Reese nudges me on the shoulder. "Do we hit up the guys at the bar or go for the four kings at the pool table?" she asks me and I can only give her a look. "I say we go to the pool table."

"I don't think that's a-"

I can't even finish my sentence before it's too late.

"Well look who we have here." My lips already curled into a slight frown as I see Alex walk towards me. "Hello to you too Ice Princess." he stops in front of me and looks at Reese. "She already looks like she wants to kill me." He whispers and she laughs.

"Alex." I deadpan his name.

"Evie." he smiles while saying mine.

I roll my eyes and look past him. He irks me.

Taking Reese's hand I walk towards the pool table like she wanted and surprisingly find the guy I've been looking for since we got here.

"Braden?" I say his name, questioning the conversation he's having with one of Alex's teammates.

They know each other? They're friends?

"Evie!" He steps away from the guy he's talking to and turns to me. "Happy birthday!" His voice carries farther than I would've liked and I mentally curse as I watch all their faces change.