30 || Cuts & Bruises

Lose Control - Teddy Swims

𓆩𓆪
Alexander

We live in a fucked up world.

Personally, I don't have much experience in dealing with people who do such things, but life as of right now feels like a fever dream.

I mean, what happened seems surreal, even if I wasn't the targeted victim. Stuff like that is something you only see on dramatic telenovelas, you don't expect it to happen in real life.

So when the four of us walked into practice this morning I didn't waste any time addressing the matter, in the most mature way possible. While talking to the entire team I don't spare a look in Kevin's direction, knowing I'd probably start targeting him the second I do.

I thought he'd be better than he was. The way he spoke about Evie on the phone wasn't in the slightest appreciated by me, and I've lost all respect for him as a man.

So when practice starts with the absence of Coach Gerard, I try my best to calm the anger that seeps beneath my skin the moment I look at the back of Kevin's practice jersey.

I clearly don't do a good job because the second he messes the drill up, I take out the brunt of my anger on him. "Christ, Kevin, handle the goddam pass!" I skate past him with a glare. "Do it again."

"The fuck is wrong with you?" he fires back.

I could list a million things that are bothering me right now. He makes the top of it. "Nothing's wrong with me. Just control the fucking pass Kev and we won't have a problem."

I skate away and we continue as normal to the best of my ability, although, I think Matt knows I'm pissed off. I usually don't pick apart the little things in practice, that's not really my job. But today I just seem to be picking on Kevin, and I know it. Everyone on the team knows it.

It's probably why he checks me into the boards for no reason during our scrimmage. I know who I am. I wasn't just going to take a hit and let him skate away. So when I retaliate a few minutes later, it's not taken lightly.

"Quit it man," I hear Kevin speaking to me and it's honestly my last straw. "What the fuck is your problem?"

"My problem?" I skate up to him. "My problem right now, is you Kevin."

He scoffs at me and stands a bit taller than before, and whether I like it or not, he has about an inch or two on me. "What? Is this leaked photo really getting on your nerves?"

I feel my shoulders tense as he brings up the matter, again, being disrespectful about it. "The post, not as much. Your phone call beforehand, hell yeah."

Kevin laughs in my face once again. It's infuriating. "First off, if it wasn't for me you probably wouldn't have seen the post so early."

"I don't care about when I found the post. You don't ask if you can 'have some' when something like that happens." I quote him. "You should know better."

"And what's it to you?" he sneers. "You teach me how to play, not how to act."

"I expect you to act like a man." I can feel my fingers curl into a fist around my stick. "Grow up. You don't talk about women like that." Especially not this one. I'm this close to murdering him.