26 || Studying For Procrastinators 101

a/n - **IMPORTANT MESSAGE AT THE BOTTOM (plz read)**

Loveeeeeee Song - Rihanna (ft. Future)
𓆩𓆪
Evie

Textbooks, computers, notebooks, pens, pencils, highlighters.

It's all I see as I take a look up from my table.

And it all has to do with the one thing we all presume: studying.

One thing about me is that I'm not a studier. I hate studying. So much so that it feels like a burden every time I have to force myself into a library, into a seat, and surround myself with quietness.

I barely studied during my highschool career because I'd like to think I had above average intelligence and common sense.

Cramming was a specialty.

Test first period. Sit down and look at my notes the night before, no problem for me. If I forgot to do that then it was a twenty minute overview before class started.

It may seem stressful but I think the pressure helped me.

I mean, I'd get a passing grade so clearly there was nothing wrong with my methods.

College was quite the reality check. My no studying habit didn't prove well for the first semester of my freshman year. If it weren't for tutoring I probably would've flunked out.

And when I say tutoring I mean watching a few videos on the internet titled Studying For Procrastinators 101.

Did it help much? No. Was it comedic gold? Hell yes.

Did I actually have to go to tutoring after that? Yes. Did I enjoy it? Absolutely not.

But with a slight tweak to my methods I got around that problem.

I still hate studying though. That hasn't changed.

But to each their own. However you prepare for a test or exam, I won't judge. Though this is definitely not how I want to be spending my afternoon.

Cramped up in a library with nothing but a pen and my laptop in front of me, copying notes for a class I know won't be helpful in the real world.

The fact that the professor is giving us a test for this class is beyond me. Half of this shit doesn't even make sense.

Which is why I find myself with my head tucked between crossed arms and my eyes closed, the silence practically lulling me to sleep.

I realize I need to be productive today because there's no way I'm getting anything done over the weekend. It's Halloween, which means no homework and just partying for college students.

Speaking of Halloween, Reese and I finally found a costume for me. It might not be the best idea, but with lack of time management, we had to think of something.

"Ooo, what about one of the seven deadly sins?"

"How the hell would I do that?"

"I don't know, but you look good in red so Lust could work."

"I guess."