Time for explanations

After an hour Enid's brain had completely melted away, finding points of agreement with Wednesday Addams about intimate love affairs proved next to impossible, according to the Wednesday they were not even close to completing the list but Enid could no longer keep it up.

"Now changing the subject, you've got to help me out, I've got to somehow get back in touch with -- Goody's messenger, I've got to figure some things out."

"By the way, you said that this messenger had told you that theoretically by accepting the bond this need of yours -- this need of ours to be next to each other in an almost obsessive way should subside."

Raven looks away thinking back to the words of the inner se.

"Mhm.... yes she implied it we can say it that way, it's more my inference, she more specifically said that Goody and my ancestors manipulated my emotions and feelings to push me towards themselves, not in a contrived sense be clear but did they... accelerate the development? I don't know, but I thought that once they accepted and initiated our relationship, they would stop influencing me."

"It's more or less the same thing Manny said, once our two ties are solidified we could go to the opposite sides of the world, it won't be pleasant but we wouldn't risk going crazy.... as happened to you before."

"You mean the castle has knowledge about it?"

"Yes yes, the manor, as I was going to mention to you before I noticed that you were drenched in blood and fainted, gave me access to an area that from that understanding no one had ever been allowed to access until I arrived."

Wednesday wrinkles his nose in a confused expression, because his house should treat Enid in a special way.

"And why you?"

"He doesn't even know, he simply said it felt right to do it, however in this place, which apparently is Goody's crypt, I was able to talk face to face with Maniero's portrait or at least the one he molded as his portrait, your house is much more powerful than what you and your family think."

Wednesday's neutral expression changes and becomes almost surprised, Enid had rarely seen the Ravenclaw like this, who slowly begins to look around as if for the first time she is really thinking about the entity that dominates the place where she lives.

"Manny has literally lived and raised generations of Addams ever since his spirit became part of the manor, unfortunately he doesn't remember much about his life before, he only remembers being mortally wounded and that Goody saved his soul and after Goody was buried his soul went from Goody's pendant, first to the crypt from what I understand and then to what was built on top of it namely the manor. We can also say that he has quite a lot of experience and since he can access and manipulate virtually every inanimate object in the manor, he has also read all the books, diaries and documents there so he knows quite a lot about it."

"Practically an omniscient Addams encyclopedia."

"I wouldn't say omniscient since he only knows the Addams story from the perspective of this family or at least the generations who lived in this castle."

"Did he tell you anything else about us?"

Enid blushes and looks away.

"I think we have satiated the bond only halfway after all there is also the wolf."

Wednesday's eyes wide open, she had totally forgotten that in addition to her curse, what bound the two girls was also the wolf bond, the bond of soul mates. She had inquired about werewolves when she found out that her roommate belonged to that species."

"And by satiating the bond of the wolf you mean branding me I guess."

Enid becomes even more pauncular, if she keeps this up that will probably become her natural coloring.

"No! No, absolutely not, at least-not now. I mean branding is a very powerful thing it's not just symbolic, literally we would be bound almost to the physical as well as spiritual level once I brand you with a bite."

Wednesday ducks down again seeking eye contact with Enid.

"From what I've read, since it's something I haven't really delved into since it wasn't of interest to me, it's almost like telepathy."

Enid snaps to attention she was very documented because it was one of the sides of werewolves she liked best.

"Uh telepathy is just the tip of the iceberg, the powers or at any rate the gifts that are given to companions once they are bound by the mark are various and unpredictable, sometimes they are very benevolent sometimes they are almost curses, we talk about companions that if they are wounded, they receive the same wound, we talk about some, as you say, that are able to communicate through thought, others who even came to share physical characteristics such as strength, speed, this happened when the mate of a wolf was of another species, this one did not get strength and speed equal to that of a wolf, but still for one of human species or maybe gorgon or mermaid, who don't have great physical strength it's quite an increase. Yes it has also been documented the passing of other characteristics in addition to physical ones that is even sensory ones, smell and hearing have been virtually unique cases in history but they have been catalogued, there is also speculation that the ability to make the eyes change color may have passed through the wolf bond."

"In other words by branding me there is a risk that I will become a wolf without the full moon curse."

"Well becoming a wolf is a big word, after all with the senses and physical characteristics you would have to acquire, if we were that one in a million case, they should be not even a quarter of mine, however, yes, knowing you would become even more dangerous than you already are."

Wednesday's smile widens in eerie manners, Enid in her eyes already sees the girl studying new methods with which to kill and torture with the gifts she might obtain from the wolf bond.

"And why wouldn't you want to do it now?"

"As I told you this is the ultimate goal of the wolf bond, how can I say... it's like a marriage, it's stronger than a marriage.... when you mark each other you are bonded, one thing that is practically 100% certain is that if one of you dies the other will end up the same way, the injury part as I told you before is much rarer we are talking about one case in 1000 but the death is certain and above all I would like our bond to develop more naturally rather than forced by the wolf, I wouldn't want you to think that all this is an artifice"

Enid lowers her head and backs away slightly afraid of what Wednesday might think of her right now.

The raven obviously reads the doubts on Enid's face and immediately reaches out her hands to those of the other and stops her, the she-wolf at that point returning to look Wednesday in the eye.

"You stupid whiny puppy, it was more than made clear to me by Goody's messenger that ours is not a contrived bond, your wolf, my ancestors, cursed us with these chains only to prevent us from finding someone else before we found ourselves alone who would perhaps make us suffer or otherwise make us make bad life choices. They are only pushing us in the direction that in any case, even if we had been two normal human girls, we would have traveled together as a couple."

Really Enid should have started to find like supports or use from the ropes to hold her jaw up because once again she was just standing there, on the floor, I mean even that's enough, poor thing just a little bit more and she has to go and get screws put in to reattach it.

"Now come on Enid, we have to go back to the list I would like to finish before dinner."

Enid sees jumping out the window as a viable option.

Out-of-phase author angle: As suggested in the comments from now on at the end of each chapter there will be an item on the taboo list decided by Wednesday (AND theoretically by Enid) about their relationship.

List Limits Relationship signed by Wednesday Addams & Enid Sinclair

Point One: Any contact beyond that which is customary for two mere acquaintances when in public is prohibited.