8| Dinner

Aria King 

The elevator door dings and opens for us and we walk out. We arrive in front of Charles Ferrari and he opens the door for me. I slid in and buckled my seatbelt and watched Charles slide in next to me. He starts the car and it roars to life.

 I connect my phone to the car and start playing a mix of different songs. We sat in a comfortable silence until I started singing along to the song. I was jamming out until I felt something warm on my thigh. 

I look down to see a veiny hand resting itself on my thigh. My heart started beating faster but I liked it. I didn't say anything and let him keep his hand there. He slowly started drawing little shapes on my thigh with his thumb while navigating the street Butterflies erupted form the bottom of my stomach. 

We continued our silence until we arrived at the restaurant. Charles jumped out quickly and opened the door for me and offered his hand to me. I accept it and pull myself out of the car. Charles hands the valet the key and we walk inside. I was a fancy restaurant to say the least. "Charles I thought you were going to take me to a sushi restaurant not a freaking gala" I say grabbing his arm. He laughs and guides me to a table in the corner where no one could really see me but I could see the view out of the windows perfectly. 

I could see the beach and docked boats. The water glistening with the moonlight. It was beautiful to say the least. Charles sat across from me and picked up his menu. "Enjoying the view" He said looking out the window where I was looking. I nodded but then finally picked up my menu to order a few things. The waiter came over and smiled. "What can I get you to get this date started" He says. We both laugh awkwardly. "It's not a date we are just friends" Charles says clearing it up. 

I felt kinda hurt at his statement but I knew that it was true. "My apologies you two just looked so good with each other" The waiter says. I sorta blush at this statement and turn to look out the window before either one of them could see me. 

I turned back and told that waiter what I would like. After I ordered my food Charles started. The waiter nodded and took our menus and left us alone. 

"When did you get so good at f1 games. You beat two real life f1 drivers?" Charles asked. 

"Well I grew up with an older brother who I was determined to beat in everything so I played a lot and learned a lot about the cars and what I needed to do so I could beat him. " I say taking a sip of my water. 

"I thought you were an only child" He said and I shook my head. "One older brother and a younger sister so yes I am the middle child and yes it is harder than it looks" I say laughing. 

"Yeah I know what you mean. Middle child syndrome is a real thing" He says. "Yeah those two always had all the attention so I was always fighting to show that I was good to by trying to be better than them in everything. But eventually I stopped because no matter how much you try to prove yourself they are still going to be in the spotlight" I said sighing. 

"I'm sorry mon ange" He said grabbing my hand that was on the table and slowly rubbing it."It's fine I still love them and guess what they can't live without me" I says laughing. 

He laughs as well and just then the food arrives and we start to eat. We were laughing talking about our younger years and stupid things we did. 

"Yeah so when I was younger I did horseback riding but I had to stop because my family thought it was useless for me to do it and that they should just send my sister. I still want to ride but never had time" I say dipping my sushi into soy sauce. 

"I've always thought horses were some of the most beautiful animals in the world" he says. "And the sweetest sometimes" I say. 

We laugh for a while. After we both were done I asked for the check while Charles had his back turned. I gave them my card before telling them to run and go charge it to my card. 

Charles turned back around and asked if I wanted to go and I said yes. "Alright let me just pay the check" He says pulling out his wallet. The waiter comes back and hands me my card. Charles jaw dropped and he frowned. "No that's not fair I was going to pay" He said getting up. "Nope I did this is a thank you for bringing me here" I say smiling at him. We exit the restaurant and Charles rests his hand on my waist while waiting for the valet to bring back the car. 

Charles open the door for me and I slip in. Charles went around the front and got is. He started driving and his hand came and rested on my thigh so I took it a step further and put my hand on top of his. Then he flipped his hand and intertwined our fingers together. We sat in a comfortable silence while he rubbed his thumb back and forth on my hand. 

We reach the house and go down in the parking garage and park. We get out and returned to each others side. Our hand find their way back to each other and we intertwined our hand and stood like that in the elevator up to our floor and into the house. We let go but not before he placed a kiss on my hand and we bid each other goodnight.

I got into bed and attempted to fall asleep. My mind filled with thought of Charles. Why was he so nice to me if he wanted to be friend? Friends don't hold hands and kiss. Friends don't cuddle with each other. Friends don't look at each other the way we do. 

Three hours later   

I woke up with tears in my eyes. I had had a dream of my ex and ex best friend in bed. I know it didn't seem serious but it still hurt to think about. I got up out of bed and went to the kitchen to go get a glass of water. I sat on the couch and let the tears fall. Then I had a door creek and I quickly raise my hands to wipe my tears. I heard soft padding on the floor and saw a sleepy Charles. "Mon amour what are you doing up its so late?" He says rubbing his eyes. "No I just couldn't sleep but please go back to sleep I don't want to keep you up" I say sniffling. He noticed that something was wrong and came and sat in front of me. 

He raised his hands to wipe my tears away. "What happened?" He asked. "Nothing just a bad dream" I said. 

"Then no don't talk about it because then you are just going to focus on it and it'll make you more sad" He said pushing my hair out of my face. He made me laughing by making a joke about thinking that someone had broken in and just sitting on his couch. 

"If you want I can come lay with you until you fall asleep" He said and I nodded. We went to my room and we got into bed. He wrapped his arm around my waist and buried his head into my neck. I felt so comfortable, more comfortable than on my own. I began to fall asleep and just as I was about to fall fully asleep I felt him try and leave but I grabbed his hand firmly and mumbled one word. "Stay" I say. He hesitates for a moment before getting back behind me and returned to his position before but pulled me in closer. 

We both fell asleep fast that night tangled in each others arms. I liked this. I loved this

Word Count: 1500

I hope you liked it 

vote comment do whatever