Chapter 3

Fourth's POV

I noticed something weird with Gem. After our lunchtime, he seems to be a little more quiet than usual. It's as if he's deeply thinking to himself. I asked him if something is wrong but he just brushed me off saying it was nothing.

He also kept asking me if I'm feeling okay. If I feel something wrong with my stomach because he heard someone had food poisoning from our cafeteria. It's a little concerning that I didn't hear any of these informations but he did. I should probably try to make more friends to at least be aware of my surrounding.

So far I'm feeling okay. Hopefully it stays that way. I hate the bathroom here in the school. Having a diarrhoea or needing to throw up wouldn't be ideal

"Hey, Fotfot.", Gem suddenly called out.

"Yeah?"

"I think I wouldn't be able to go home with you today.", he said while his eyes not meeting mine but rather he's fixing the pin on his shirt that's now even crooked.

"Oh, why?"

"I'm gonna stay over to play basketball with the guys. Mark will be there too."

"Then I'll just stay with you until you're done. I'll wait on the bleachers."

"Nah... The weather has been really hot lately and I know you didn't like the heat. Don't want to make you sweat while waiting for me.", Gem said as he ruffles my hair.

"Okay.", I mumbled out my response, a little disappointed that I won't be hanging out with him today.

After the school period is over, Gem walks me to the gate and I bid my goodbye rather sadly. I asked a couple more times if I should wait for him to be done with his basketball game but he dismissed me saying it's going to be too hot for me.

I admit it, I'm a spoiled kid and my melanin production doesn't help either. My pale skin will get red so easily if I'm exposed to the sun for too long and it'll ended up with me having bad sunburn and rashes. Even as a kid I only play under the roof and rarely play out in the sun which resulted with me not having much friends.

As a kid, I would usually sit on the side and watch Gem as he mingled around with the other kids. Sometimes Gem would bring the kids over and introduced them to me but most of them didn't stay for long and proceeded with playing at the playground under the scorching hot sun.

"It really is hot today.", I said to no one in particular as I stand by the gate waiting alone for my driver to pick me up.

"Oh, here. Let's share this umbrella.", a random guy holding an umbrella moves closer to me, covering the sun for the both of us. "Never knew it would be this hot back in Thailand. I'm not used to it."

"You don't have to, but thank you.", I smiled a little at the stranger.

He's wearing the same uniform as me but with a different batch tag. He must be a senior plus his face is oddly familiar but I can't put a finger on it.

"Right, I'm Pond. I'm new here, just transferred today from abroad.", he holds out his hand infront of me like a professional businessman. His accent was a little off.

I chuckled at the thought before taking his hand in mine, shaking it lightly. "I'm Fourth."

"You're cute.", the senior said in English which I almost didn't catch.

( AN: for the sake of the story let's pretend the whole story is in thai when they speak and the italic would be the actual English language)

One thing I suck at is language. Me and Gem went to international kindergarten and primary school but I just can't seems to catch English that well. I do well on papers but when it comes to speaking in real life I just couldn't get it.