𝟏𝟔: 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

Stars painted the dark, cloudless sky like a painting on a canvas. The city lights of Musutafu shone as bright as the celestial bodies, as citizens were still out and about in the early evening.

"Look! What's that?!" A random citizen on the street pointed at the sky, the others looking to where she was pointing.

They gasped as two bright, diamond-shaped shooting stars flew across the night sky. It was so bright that it turned night to day as it flew over the city, never to be seen again.

But they were wrong.

The shooting stars crash-landed in a random forest, creating a small crater where it landed. The two stars slowly transformed into a boy and girl that beared a resemblance to one-another. Both had blond hair and golden eyes.

"That was quite the crash..." The girl mumbled, standing up and dusting off the dirt on her white dress. She lend a hand to her male companion, pulling him up. The boy looked around, a smile settling on his face.

"We're back, Teyvat."

─•~✧~•─

"Two bright, celestial bodies spotted in the sky yesterday around 8 o'clock in the evening." The reporter during the early morning news informed, before the channel was quickly switched by Venti.

"Aww, I was watching that..." Nahida mumbled to herself sadly, taking a sip of her orange juice.

"I'm off to school. Bye, everyone!" Y/N said, putting on her backpack and her shoes, waving goodbye. "C'mon, Katheryne. Let's go." The robotic puppet nodded, following after the girl.

"Goodbye, Y/N!" Everyone replied back in unison.

The girl and her robotic puppet made their way down the mountain, passing by a flock of finches and petting the stray cats that hung around.

At the foot of the mountain, Y/N halted in her steps, eyeing the two strangers, a male and a female, that idled near the old and abandoned shrine.

"They're probably just tourists who got lost, Ms. Y/N. We must proceed, otherwise we'll be late." Katheryne said.

The girl nodded, walking past the two strangers that looked identical to each other. The H/C haired girl locked eyes with the blond male briefly as she and Katheryne passed by. The stranger's golden eyes widened as his eyes fell on a familiar woman with short black hair who walked behind the H/C haired girl.

The blond kept staring at her retreating figure, a pensive look on his face. 'The girl looks eerily similar to me and my sister...' He thought with furrowed brows. Even if they had different colored hair and eyes, the girl in uniform looked like a carbon copy of them.

'And that woman who was walking behind her... She looked like--'

"What's on your mind?" His twin sister asked, snapping him out of his thoughts. "It's nothing, don't worry." He shook his head, reassuring her. "C'mon, we're almost there at the Shrine. Surely, they must still be alive, right?"