𝟐𝟒: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

It was quiet, the room was shrouded in darkness, and there was nothing the girl could do. She was still constrained, and she couldn't use her powers, no matter how hard she tried.

Whenever it was quiet, or if she was in a stressful situation, Y/N liked to think of the past. It was like a coping mechanism for her, a reminder that she had to live on for the sake of the people she loves.

The first thing she thought of was the zombie girl, Qiqi. She had a person that took care of her; Baizhu and his snake companion, Changsheng. Baizhu was a doctor obsessed with immortality. And with the help of Changsheng, he was able to reach it. At least, for a few hundred years.

But due to his poor state, he eventually passed away, along with Changsheng. Y/N recalled taking both Baizhu and Changsheng to Chenyu Vale, reminiscing of the past as they gazed at the stars in the sky.

Qiqi had a friend named Yaoyao. The little girl was affiliated with the Adeptus of Liyue, and even had a bunny companion named Yuegui, a gift from Cloud Retainer.

However, Yaoyao passed away when she reached an old age. Qiqi kept Yuegui as per Yaoyao's request. But the zombie girl still had a difficult time remembering where it came from, or who gave it to her.

There were other friends in Liyue that Y/N lost. Sometimes, she'd visit the 'border' in Wuwang Hill, just to see if the souls of her friends still lingered around.

She'd leave that place with a sad smile, being glad that her friends were nowhere to be seen. It meant they had no regrets in life and were ready to pass on.

Nevertheless, she was still sad. She wanted to see them one more time, but couldn't.

In the past, whenever she was stressed or tired, she'd scale the mountains of Minlin and use the wind currents to reach the Dwelling in the Clouds, a small floating island overlooking Qingyun Peak.

Sometimes, Cloud Retainer would join her and teach her the blueprints of the island, or tell her stories of the other Adeptus. Or when Zhongli was finished with his work at the Funeral Parlor, he would join Y/N there for a cup of tea while watching the sunset.

The nation above Liyue was Mondstadt. Every year, she'd celebrate the Windblume Festival, Ludi Harpastum, and Weinlesefest. The nation had many festivals, which was the reason Y/N loved it so much.

She liked to sit underneath the massive oak tree in Windrise. She'd clean the dust off of the Statue, or if she was lucky, she'd share a plate of cabbage with the strange Hilichurl.

If she wasn't at Windrise, another place where you could find the girl was in the icy mountains of Dragonspine. She'd accompany Albedo to his camp, and Klee would join sometimes.

Y/N loved to listen to Albedo's lectures on Alchemy. And if the blond allowed her, she'd help with his experiments and research. If Klee was there with them, she'd help make bombs with her, much to Albedo and Jean's dismay.

Speaking of Albedo and Klee, the elf girl is still alive, with her being a long-life species, just like her mother, Alice. The cheery and explosive girl travels around the world, never settling down on one place. She'd even send letter and postcards of her travels.

On the other hand, Albedo is...

Y/N didn't like to think about him too much. Doing so would cause her great sadness, and she didn't feel like breaking down and crying in the darkness.

Meanwhile, in the deserts of Sumeru, she loved to spend time with Jeht, Matriarch Babel, and the other Eremites. They'd play card games together, dance to Sumerian music, and explore ruins.

In the Vourukasha Oasis, she'd fly around with the Pari and listen to Elder Zurvan's stories. And if she was lucky, Sorush would agree to just laze around on the grassy plains of the oasis.

In the islands of Inazuma, she adored how the Sakura petals danced in the air during the Irodori Festival. The food and drinks were always a delight, except for that one time she accidentally drank an entire bottle of Sake.

It's not her fault! She thought it was just normal water!

Kamisato Ayaka scolded Y/N for it, and made sure to keep her away from any liquor in future festivals.

In the foggy Tsurumi Island, she made friends with the different ghosts that still lingered. They told stories of the valiant blond traveler who helped the island. And while she roamed the mountains and underground ruins, she could hear a melody in the air, a voice of a sweet child.

She thought nothing of it. The melody is still stuck in her head to this day, and she finds herself humming to it.

Y/N doesn't know how long she's been thinking of her past, but she doesn't care. She still can't use her powers, so that means she was gonna be stuck here for a few more hours, or maybe even days. At least until the heroes decide to save her and that blundering idiot.

She considered calling out his name, but decided against it. They don't know how powerful that big bad villain is, and she doesn't want to endanger him.

Y/N has lost a lot of loved ones in her life. And she's not willing to loose another.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

((A/N: Short little chapter bc I'm busy with school at the moment 😭 BUT THAT WON'T STOP ME FROM UPDATING BAHAHA !!

I was reading the comments on Chapter 9, and decided to make this. When it comes to immortal beings reminiscing of the past, I EAT THAT SHIT UP. Can you tell that I love angst?))