10) Wallflower

Taking a swirl in front of the wall length, she adjusted the strips of the long shirt before pinning her hair back to fall on her shoulders

Taking a swirl in front of the wall length, she adjusted the strips of the long shirt before pinning her hair back to fall on her shoulders. Eyes dipped in bold liner and a dark shade of eye shadow that glamoured them in perfection.

The smirk plastered on her lips, eyes hardening with a twitch of evilness as she got ready to meet his family.

Chin up, head held high, and lips stretched into a classy smile. She walked down the stairs and greeted the Chauhans.

"You look beautiful, Shreya." Gayatri Devi praised her choice of indo-western, which proved her confidence to stand as a deserving candidate for her family name.

"Thank you, GM." She shot her a smile and took her seat opposite Rakshit who looked at her with a lop-sided knowing grin. Cocking a brow, she settled into conversations with Rashi and Gayatri Devi.

"We are ready for any date you wish for, Rashi Ji." Her overly excited voice made her cringe, yet she maintained a composed smile. "I have already started dreaming about these two and the wedding. I always wanted them to be together. Imagine my surprise when I found out about..."

"Mom" Shreya passed her a warning smile "We want a quiet wedding."

"Why?" Devika seemed appalled at the mere thought.

"Also, Rakshit and I have agreed to wait for some time. The media is already crazy because of this news. It will take some time for them to calm down." Shreya continued ignoring her. "Right, Rakshit?"

Rakshit cocked an amused brow but nodded seeing the murderous shadow cross her face as the seconds ticked. "Yes, but we don't mind a big engagement."

Shreya shot him a glare but composed as the eyes flew toward her.

"Marriage happens only once. Why are you denying a big wedding?" Devika protested.

"If the kids want this way, who are we to deny their wish." Ajeet Chauhan concluded, "How about the engagement on the eve of our annual gala?"

"Yes, and we can perform the Shagun today." Rashi announced, "Dhwani, bring in the things."

Shreya bit onto her inner gums as Dhwani stood up at once, doing as instructed by their mother-in-law.

She had always seen this girl doing what was instructed to her like a mute princess yet her eyes spoke volumes but only if she had someone to listen. She witnessed her hesitance for marriage and those shivering fingers when the couple got engaged. Then the 23-year-old Shreya had termed it to be nervous jitters but now she could empathize with her for being forced and manipulated into this marriage.

Not that this would make her like Dhwani. Shreya detested her the moment Anirudh left her alone in their wedding reception and she stood back without a protest.

Shreya abhorred spineless women. They were weak, easy to play, and a pushover.

Her silence on being slapped in front of the entire office and an apology then after made her dislike her further, though, on the other end, Rakshit was a fan of this girl who hardly spoke for herself. She never cared to ask his reasons.