26) New beginnings

Anything could have gone wrong

In this entire universe with thousands of galaxies, millions of stars, billions of Planets, and trillions of people, anything could have gone wrong that would have prevented Uttara from meeting this man who now hung these stars and moons in her sky.

There was no 'meant to be' here. It was a pure coincidence. She had decided to step into that Balcony that night against her rationality, seeking seclusion but ended up finding him. Leaning against those steel railings, a stranger stared at her with bewilderment and later suspicion which soon turned into protection.

He protected her from every beast that lurked around in that party that night.

The possibility of that place being empty or the presence of someone else in his shoes often scared the living daylights out of her, a shiver of uncertainty passed through her yet she was, obligated to the power above for him.

She would remain forever grateful for that butterfly who winged and the air changed, leading them to meet, clash, and mold together in ways that no power in her world could separate them. There were a million moments that happened each day and so many things could have worked in ways that could prohibit their lives from entangling together, ending up married, or just being alive at this exact moment in time.

The worst would have been remaining strangers even after meeting once.

She would be forever grateful that somehow they ended up together. That somehow, in this infinite universe she was his date tonight.

She will forever be indebted to the one above for him, for them.

This man here was pulling all the right strings of her heart, giving her more than what she expected. He was giving her twinkling lights and endless skies, fairytale dreams and dancing shoes, effortless existence, sparkling joys, and heartful days with blinding smiles.

"It is here." He whispered from behind, earning her attention and shifting it towards the scenic beauty that stood before them.

"This..." She gasped, spinning to face him to make sure her head was playing no games.

He nodded and twirled her back, pulling her closer to him and holding her upper arms. "This is our tonight."

That smirk had her melt like a puddle in front of him. If not for his firm hold on her, she would have lost her balance and fallen to the ground.

"You did this?" She asked glancing between the setup and him.

"No. I did not." She would have frowned deeply, almost if he had not added the next words. "I made the calls and the team of planners did."

She chuckled at his modesty and cupped his face, wondering how she got so lucky to find a man like him. "I love you, Dr. Vidyut Chauhan."

His movements froze momentarily yet he composed himself quickly and pecked her lips, humming in response.