24) Blood

"Shreya?" He called her name in a gasp

The hot blood pounding in his head as the vision of her laying in his arms cladded with red haunted his daydreams. The sight had his stomach churned in the scariest way possible and the urge to dry heave in the nearby bushes heightened as he patted her face to make her unfocused gaze meet his.

"H-how could you..." The words evaporated his inbuilt vocabulary, leaving him stranded. Shaking his head, he bit his lips and took a deep breath to calm the bile in his throat before he acted on the muffled commands his brain sent yet he sat immobile. "S-Shreya, meri jaan, can you hear me?"

A tear slicked down his face and he blinked harshly as he felt her slump in his hold. The panic was hovered by a rush of adrenaline that made him jump back at once. Her limb form hugged to his torso.

The blood droplets trickled their way, marking their trail as Rakshit hurriedly carried Shreya towards his car. His shaky arms had to be pushed as he engulfed her closer to his chest, not wanting to let her go. The fear of her leaving him clenched his senses as he maniacally ran into the deserted piece of land.

His Range Rover clicked open and he placed her inside, long forgotten were his premium leather seat covers. His movements halted as he took in her slashed wrist. Searching his pockets, he dug out a handkerchief and tied it up to stop the bleeding.

Taking a quick look at her pale face, he jogged towards the driver's side and jumbled with the door lock. His fingers slipped the hold and the door kept locked. He tried again but his limps lacked coordination. Kicking the tires he banged his bloodied palm on the window.

"Fuck! Why it has to be her?." Rubbing a palm on his face, he calibrated his actions and unlocked the door.

He kicked on the gas pedal and the car sped through the empty roads. His eyes oscillated between her and his gory fingers, while he bit back a lump in his throat.

"Why would you do this to yourself, damnit?" He asked her sullen form, blinking his misty eyes harshly to focus on the road. "Why?"

It was nearly midnight and the streets of their gated community deserted making him drive like a beast on a rampage. The tires screeched to a halt as he stopped abruptly on the gravel road outside the hospital nearest.

The emergency wing of the hospital blared in bright neon lights. Two guards rushed towards him but stopped taking in his soaked crimson shirt and knuckles that were able to create hundreds of miscommunications. They stepped back as he jogged towards the other side and scooped Shreya in his arms.

"Get me some fucking help!" He gritted towards them as he pushed the glass doors open with his shoulder and carried her inside. He saw two people dressed in dark blue scrubs and he felt his heart squeeze a little in hope. "It...is an emergency." Willing himself not to stammer he tried again. "She is bleeding. Cut her wrist open and..."