20) Silence

She watched him storming out of the stage and then the gates as if his whole world was on fire and he had left nothing to protect

Uttara had always known that there was an entirely different world that Vidyut Chauhan had created in his soul that she had yet to witness. The moment that she felt he was letting her in, he stopped. The small window with protruding lights that seemed an entrance for her was shut so harshly that she flinched back.

Not that she was afraid, she was disheartened. Hurt even. As she weaves in and out of the constant struggle of jumping into his life, his path, she thought that patience was the key she sought before getting through obtaining his trust and understanding the man she had come to love. Live.

He kept surprising her. Each day in a million ways he made her witness a side of him that was rare. He was her rarity. Some days he would hurt her, other days he healed her. Some days he challenged her to nudge him more and other days his ways would change a little something in.

It seems he was battling his own private journey, a marathon of constant conflicts that she had been wanting to intrude on. Waiting to be let in through the cracks and flood through his broken pieces like the lacquer that joins them and paints them with gold.

Like Kintsugi, she was ready to embrace his imperfections and make them stronger. If he would let her, she would be his gold.

She watched a frantic Rashi ready to run behind her son but was held back by her father-in-law who looked at their new guest with hatred and something that resembled repugnance. Their eyes met and Uttara sprinted in the same direction, watching gratitude in Rashi's face before exiting.

This gate was different than the one they entered. This looked like a back entrance where the servers were resting themselves before they would be moving out with the food.

Watching her, they straightened with curious eyes following her. She glanced around and found another small door that was left ajar, Passing a quick smile she changed her direction and stepped inside the gate.

Needle like raindrops slapped the roof creating a loud noise and she winced, cursing Mumbai's unpredictable weather. She blinked to adjust her vision to the darkness and looked around the small back terrace to find the familiar face of the man she had been following.

The cold night air made her shiver.

"Oh my..." She clamped her lips shut as her eyes came to rest on a shadow behind her. She felt a coat being draped around her figure and she identified the smell like the back of her hand. "Vidyut."

"You shouldn't have come here." He mumbled unattentively, moving away from there when she spun and held his wrist.

"Why did you leave?" She made him face her and watched his steel grey eyes detached and cold.

A shiver ran down her spine.

He kept mum.

She sighed inaudibly, wanting to change the topic. "Where will be going now?"