31) Mother

Mature content ahead! You are being warned. 
PS: I did not rob you of some steamy moments from Uttara and Vidyut.  

There wasn't hardly anything changed in her surroundings yet she could feel the changes in her bones

There wasn't hardly anything changed in her surroundings yet she could feel the changes in her bones. The months that had passed by with them being together, each day she had woken up to the same sun peeking inside their rooms through the grey linen curtains, yet these days they looked soothing. A different kind of amber could be felt on her skin as she stretched, lazing around their bed for the past 5 minutes that she opened her eyes.

It could be because it had been weeks that she had woken up without him. It was always her who would wake clinging to him like a koala, not that Vidyut ever protested or he would. He would sleep in until she had her fill of watching him sleep in the mornings and at night he would watch her.

He may have been doing it for a while but she had come to know just recently.

He had seemed to yearn more for her than they had shared before. The day they had landed back to their old lives, she feared him to act distant again but he had been the same. Reaching her before she could. Their fingers pulled and laced together, they had conjured a mind of their own and stayed with his.

While she would get done with her dose of a morning workout, he would be up and about to his gym and check on their breakfast. By the time she was ready for the day, he would pull her in for a long kiss and get inside the shower. Their day ended with him reaching home late and his cuddle apologies in the kitchen while she cooked.

They had entered into a routine that was hard to skip, now that he had given her his control of life, he had turned to be less of the uptight doctor inside the four walls of their home, yet the rule of no third person allowed in their home was intact.

Truth be told, his affection was spoiling her to the extent she may never overcome.

It has been 5 weeks since the Annual Gala and he seemed to relax around his family with each passing day. His birth was a forgotten topic between them, and so was the woman. She had not tried disrupting their lives and Uttara was glad that she had left him alone.

The elder Chauhans have been a little annoyed for the last week that followed because of Rakshit and Shreya postponing their wedding, their compensation came in terms of Anirudh and Dhwani's decision of not moving out of the family home now that the wedding was scheduled after 8 months. The two seemed to have worked upon their differences, that now none feels a strangling tension between them.

If it wasn't proof enough, Dhwani's smile and never-ending energy these days would suffice.

It was only true, that a little love around changes a person fully.

Not wanting to spend her entire day in bed, she searched for her cell phone and found it under his pillow. Checking, she rolled her eyes with a playful smile seeing all her alarms stopped.