Chapter 7 - Opening Act

A/N: I put in so much time into this set list <3 I listened to every recommendation you guys gave (seriously I even added some songs to my personal playlist). I hope...that you enjoy this music as much as I love and enjoy it too <3

that you enjoy this music as much as I love and enjoy it too <3

Alexander

We became God's overnight. I'd like to think I was always a God, but maybe that's too egocentric. My wolf disagrees. He's always viewed himself as a God.

Regardless, as soon as the band was on campus, it was like we'd become famous. I didn't care for the attention. Unlike Kole and Wayan who soaked it in. Aiden simply emitted his aura which was enough to repel others away because they didn't have the courage of casually strolling up to the Alpha King.

I heard the whispers as I walked through Matthew's campus. My nicknames murmured quietly. Slight gasps or wide eyes would soon follow. The corner of my lip always rises whenever I hear Ice Reaper. I think it's fitting—my wolf loves it. Even my pack members are starting to adopt it.

We could hardly sleep the night before the concert. There was so much excitement. The town had already turned into a festival. Food trucks were lined around the lake, there was kayak and paddleboard rentals. Matthew and Mia even managed to get a small Ferris wheel that overlooks the University.

While Mia, Sloane, and Kole went into town for cotton candy and food. The boys and I decided to do some bar hopping. There are different bar stands that have beers from all over the world. I don't know how Matthew managed to do it, but it was fun.

I had fun.

We ended up getting pretty drunk. And somehow, I now have a picture of the four of us in a photobooth. Wayan and Matthew kissing Aiden's cheek while I was raising my eyebrow in the back. The second picture is of Wayan's face smushed against the camera. Another of just the four us grinning like drunken fools. The last picture is the most shocking of all. Me, laughing. I stared at that one a lot. It hit me that I had never seen my laugh in a picture. Or ever.

The morning of the concert, we all woke up to the smell of Matthew's famous French toast. I don't know how I ended up sleeping on Matthew's sofa, but I woke up surrounded by far too many beer bottles. Wayan was passed out on the floor, and I couldn't help but smile when I saw 8.3 written across his forehead in red lipstick.

One hell of a dad this one is.

"Good morning princesses," Matthew chuckled from the kitchen. "We're all waiting for you two."

He wasn't wrong. Everyone was sitting around the dining table or around the kitchen counter. Digging into Matthew's breakfast. Kole likes to call his French toast 'orgasmic', and I do feel inclined to agree with her for once. One taste of his French toast and it warms even the darkest parts of my soul.

Monty tries to fly out the door as soon as he runs down the stairs. A little growl from my throat gets him to stop in his tracks. As soon as he's facing me, I frown slightly. Where do you think you're going?