Chapter 12 - Sold Soul

Sierra

My mind, my body. All of it is in autopilot as I stroll through the Valley's City Center. People are enjoying the cool night by sitting out in little patio tables. Having dinner or sharing a few beers. I catch a glimpse of some of the other Wiccan's in my cohort. They even wave to me but I'm just on a mission to get home and eat.

"Sierra." Killian's voice catches my attention. He's carrying a brown paper bag in his arms. His purple eyes looking me from head to toe.

I don't have much strength in me. My body is tired from dancing. My mind exhausted by the conversation with Alexander. Everything in me is drained. But I somehow pull more, shaking my head and walking past him.

Killian lightly grabs my elbow. Redirecting me to him. "Let's go on a walk, Sierra."

"I have nothing to say to you." I tell him honestly.

"That's okay. I just want you to eat." He smiles softly, holding up the brown bag. "I was on my way to your apartment. Chicken fajitas, right? You like fajitas more than burritos."

I fucking love fajitas. Damn him. But he didn't mention the chips and queso.

"There are also chips at the bottom of the bag. Salsa," He looks inside. "And that dipping cheese you and Alejandro are so obsessed with for some reason."

My stomach lurching forward but my heart and head telling me to keep my feet planted.

"You hurt me," I tell him honestly. "Do you really think food is going to resolve how you made me feel earlier today?"

"I know I hurt you." Killian replies with a heavy heart. "And I'm sorry. I was caught off guard."

"No," I shake my head. "I was."

He nods in understanding. Letting my elbow go and taking a deep breath. At night, his eyes always look so cool. Like little galaxies swirling about. They're a neutral dark purple. They don't glow, not like Alexander's anyways.

"I do see you as so much more." Killian says to me gently, "You have surpassed all expectations of my program. You have flown above others who have been practicing Magic since they were children. Don't think I don't see your gifts—all your gifts. You are my most favorite student. So special and fun to teach. And I'm sorry you felt like I wasn't there for you today."

I let his apology sink in. My shoulders slowly relaxing as I look into those purple hues. I know he means it. I also know how much he's done for me over the years—personally, me. He already juggles so much on his plate. I don't know how he does it all. Sometimes I wonder if he has clones because between working with the King, the Wiccan Council, teaching classes, being the King's personal spymaster—I don't get it.

And he still would put time aside to call me into his office. To hand me books that are for upper leveled Wiccan's. He spent time with me to cast spells I was struggling with. Big ones—the ones that drain all the power in my bank.

"I'm sorry too." I say softly, "For what I said."

The corner of his lip rises in a small smile, "It's nothing I haven't heard before. I'm aware people talk about my fetishes."

"Yeah," I take the bag of food from his hand. Grabbing a few chips as we start walking. I tease him with a little fake comment, "Rumor has it you have a thing for feet."

"Wait until word gets out about my thing for bestiality." He teases back.

I can't help it and laugh, "Is being into werewolves a form of bestiality?"

"What a beautiful philosophical question. We should run a poll." Killian chuckles. He walks us down towards the lake. And we take a seat on a small bench that overlooks the water. The moonlight glistening over the calm waves.