Chapter 9 - Found You

A/N: As I look towards the future of this novel I'm just going to say, this might not be the most plot heavy novel (i.e., RTAK was plot heavy), but man is it going to be the dirtiest, most violent, and dark out of all of them. Thus far it's been pretty cutesy go getter--as the Valley tends to be. But prepare yourself for heavy themes. 

***

Sierra

I've read about in the lore. We've heard about it because we're living with wolves. Every werewolf hopes to one day experience The Glaze. I've even seen it in person once.

But no...it wouldn't happen to me. It couldn't. It can't. It's not possible.

No.

"Holy fuck!" Monty screams it loudly and he turns me around instantly. He's looking over my face like it somehow has all the answers to the world. "Sierra—"

No.

Sloane and Mia's jaws are on the ground and everyone in the tower is trying to face me. In fact, everyone in the audience has turned to try and get a glimpse of our tower. It's humiliating and stupid.

"Sierra," Monty is sputtering over his words. "You're my Lu—"

No!

Run. Run. Run!

I shove Montgomery out of my way. My breathing heavy like I've inhaled too much smoke. Whatever stairs Killian went down, I follow those. As fast as I can, with no idea where the hell they're taking me.

Fuck being poised. Fuck being civil and educated. My dad always taught me to be polite. All those manners I was meant to grow up with, hell to that. I'm getting out of here.

I reach the bottom of the staircase and to my surprise—I can still hear music playing. I guess the show must go on and I'm fine with that as long as I'm not followed. I can hear Alexander singing, Matthew's guitar, and the beat of the drums.

There's no way to get into the crowd. There's only a little tunnel that leads towards the stage. I look up and see Monty flying down the stairs. Him and what sounds like Sloane—both of them calling out my name.

Nope!

I run down the tunnel. Even if it is towards the stage, I can get out through the back. There's no way I'll make it through the crowd behind me anyways. I'd be pushing against thousands of people. And he would see me.

All I can hear is Alexander's voice through the microphone as I run. "In my mind, when she's not right there beside me, I go crazy 'cause here isn't where I wanna be."

I reach the backstage. I used to help with school plays and concerts in high school. I hunker along the sides of the stage running into people with clipboards or who are meant to be helping with the set changes and lighting. Not that I pay much attention as I stammer away.

My gaze only briefly catching Wayan and Kole. Aiden. Alexander's voice singing out, "All I wanna ever say is...Are you mine? Well, are you mine?"

I barrel my way through the back. A few people try to catch me as I slip past them. Someone grabs my arm and I radiate so much warmth there, that they pull away like I've become a hot plate they can't hold.

My exit is looming. I can see the door. I breathe a huge sigh of relief when I explode through it. There are trailers back here. A few people who have headphones on like they're receiving word from the concert. They stare at me in confusion.

But like my favorite childhood TV show, I Jimmy Neutron my way out. Gotta effing blast. I run.

I may not know the Valley all too well, but I can see the University in the distance. I bolt towards my dorms. Suddenly I'm thankful that I may have never been able to lift anything over fifty pounds with my arms, but I at least have the cardio from dancing to get me down the stupid hill. Leaving the noises of the concert behind me.