Chapter 10 - A Promise

Alexander

She is fire.

And if I don't burn, everyone else will.

***

Sierra

Alejandro peeks around the corner of our dorm room. Dean looking right over his head. "Coast is clear," Ale says after a few seconds. And suddenly we're moving through campus.

My friends are surrounding me in a cocoon like I'm some sort of celebrity. Thankfully, no one on campus knows I was the one to have the Glaze with Alpha Alexander. In fact, the buzz is which werewolf was in the tower. That's the thing, no one is suspecting it's a Wiccan.

I spent the weekend in Yuki's room. He took over mine. It gave me a solid day before Monday classes to just relax with my friends. They brought me food and we all ended up drinking, playing card games, watching shows.

They'd bring in the gossip from outside. No one had approached them either. I wasn't sure whether to feel relieved or not. But Monday rolled around, and I skipped my first lecture. Afraid of the fact that he could find me based on my schedule.

I don't have any options of going anywhere—and I realize that. What am I going to do? Take a car with my nonexistent driver's license and high tail...where? I have no Coven and my only home outside of my father's house is the Palace. And I can't move back in with my dad. Not for this.

No. I'm fighting for my life. Flight isn't an option. Besides, Killian would find me anyways. He'd drag me back and have me doing the most boring assignments.

Alejandro said that no one was at the morning lecture except our Wiccan group. No white haired, blue eyed, werewolf Vikings. Just the every day shaggy students who show up in their pajama pants because they were too lazy and tired to get properly dressed.

"Don't you think this is a bit unnecessary?" I can't help but ask.

Dean and Yuki are leading the front as the taller guys. Making sure to keep their eyes peeled. Alejandro and Marisol are at my side with Penny and Avery covering my back.

"It's precautionary." Alejandro tells me. After the first lecture, they all showed up at my dorm to pick me up. Thankfully, no other Wiccan in our program knows that I was in the tower. As far as everyone is concerned, I was in the audience with my friends.

And you know, it sucks that this is what people are talking about. It hasn't even been forty-eight hours and the entire campus is in hysterics. The entire Valley, in fact. The concert—a complete success by the way—is like a sidenote to it all. That just seems bogus to me.

"I feel childish." I admit under my breath as we quickly cut through the courtyard.

I also feel...calm. Because last night, talking to my friends, I realized that nothing is going to get me out of here. There's no point in being angry because this isn't going to affect my life. I refuse to let it.

"We made it." Dean opens the door to our building. We enter together, making our way to the lecture hall.

I'm going to sit in the back. The back where Professor Matthew can't call me out too much. I sink down into my seat, trying to make myself disappear just slightly. But it's like I said. This isn't going to change my life and I'm not going to hide out in my room over this.

Professor Matthew greets us in class. Everyone is gushing over and over about the concert. The first twenty minutes of class are spent on just talking about that. And he's so happy to answer questions and to entertain his students who all have gleaming eyes.