Chapter Eight

اور ایک چوٹ دیجئے مجھ کو!
میری تکلیف نامکمل ہے

Ek or chot dejiye mujh ko!
Meri takleef nahmukamal hai 
~Sajid Asar

The tea with Armeena Apa had went fairly well, better than I had expected. I was able to distract and move her on from the previous conversation we had as we spent the afternoon together chatting and laughing on the most random things possible. By the time we had finished our tea, we were practically best friends.

Around dinner time everyone had returned home except Zain, who had stayed behind even when Abu and Junaid had come back from the office. We spent the dinner in a nice mood but it was when I was alone walking towards our room that all of the talk from the afternoon came crashing in. It was amazing how a person suffering so much could put up such a happy face and then coming to think about it I found myself relating to Armeena Api. Being in the life of a man who didn't value you.

My mind was still whirling in thoughts when I opened the door of our room, surprised to find Zain inside but what shocked me was that he had yet again dumped my clothes down on the ground.

"Yeh kiya batameezi hai, Zain!" I snapped, anger taking over me.

His head twisted around at the sound of my voice and he stomped towards me, slamming the door close with with one hand, that shut behind me with a loud bang.

"Batamezi? Batameezi toh abhi mein nay ki nahi or mujhay mat usksao keh jis din mein kernay per aa jao!" He yelled, his loud booming sound made me flinch and took a step back but still tried to put up the brave fascad.

"Apko problem kiya hai, kiyun bar bar meray kapray aisay phenk detay hain." I looked at him bravely holding my chin up.

"Kiyun keh mein nahi chahta ke tum meri zindagi, meray kamray meri cupboad yah meri kisi bhi cheez ka hissa bano!" He came more closer, towering over me and his voice loud enough to reach everyone if it wasnt for the fact that our room of on the empty floor of the house.

"Yeh baat apko pehlay sochni chaye thi kiyun ke ab mein apki zindagi ka hissa ban chuki hoon ap chaye yah nah chaye!" I shouted and placed my hands on his chest, pushing him back as an attempt to create distance between us.

My actions backfired because his hands grabbed my upper arms, his grip uncomfortably tight as he slammed me against the door. A painful hiss left my lips as the hard wood material roughing made contact with my back and I looked at his hands as they dig into my skin.

"Yeh tumhari bhool hai keh tum kabhi meri zindagi ka hissa ban sakti ho Mariam bibi." He said through clenched teeth, his face at an inch difference from my mine and titled my head to look at him only to find hate in his eyes.

"Apko cupboard share kernay se masla hai liken jab ek he charpai per hum letay hoye thay tab apko koi masla nahi tha yaha tak mein apki baho mein-" My sentence cut off when his hand left my arm and held my hair in a tight fist, the other hand twisted my arm behind my back, pulling me against his body. I cried out, pain shooting through my arm and head. My hand quickly shot back to hold his that was on my head trying to ward it off from my hair. Shock and horror evident on my face as I looked at him.

He tilted my head back with his hold on my hair and looked into my eyes, "Ek pal ki meri majboori ko tum meri narmi mat samjho." He sneered, pushing me back, his both hands leaving me and I slumped against the door.

He gave me one last look, hate reflecting in his eyes before he pushed me aside and stormed out of the room. My body slid down as I sat there on the floor as tears rolled down my cheeks and I sobbed.