Chapter Twelve

دل کی تکلیف کم نہیں کرتے
اب کوئی شکوہ نہیں کرتے

Dil ki takleef kam nahi kertay
Ab koi shikwa nahi kertay
~Juan Eliya

It was Sunday and everyone was home. Zain was in study room since the morning, not even coming out for lunch and so his food was sent to him to his room. Ammi told me that every Sunday is the only time he gets for himself and so spends it away in his study and gym that was attached to it.

As expected, I found the room empty when I came in at night. The whole day, I didn't see him and had spent the day with Ammi and Armeena api, either playing with Saif or Coal. The pair were like karun arjun, instant best friends. Coal would sit with Saif all day and in return Saif would slap (his patting) him on the head but Coal didn't seem to mind Saif little slaps and he would lean more into his hand.

I knew I was asking for trouble when I opened his study room, his head shot up from his laptop at the sound, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"Kiyun ai ho?" He asked standing up from his revolving chair and stomped towards me.

"Ap shayad bhool rahay yaha mera reading corner bhi hai," I waved my hand towards my corner and stepping forward, I closed the door behind me.

"Yaha tab ana jab mein nah howa ker. Chalo abhi foran nikalo!" He snapped, gripping my upper arm and dragged me near the door.

"Mein kiyun jaon? Mujhay apke honay se koi problem nahi hai, apko hai toh ap jaye." I suggested, trying remove his hand from my arm where the grip had gotten painfully tight.

"Yeh mera study hai." He said through clenched teeth.

"Haan toh study apka yeh chota sa reading corner mera. Eighty percent kamra apka twenty percent mera. Deal?" I stretched my hand forward, grinning at him.

"No deal." He replied opening the door, fully intending to throw me out and lock the room but his plan failed when we found Armeena Api standing right outside with a tray of two mugs.

Zain's hand immediately left my arm and I smiled at the sweet little angel standing in front of me.

"Oh acha kiya ap yaha mil gai, mein apke leye chai lai thi. Kamray mein denay ai thi per ap waha thi nahi toh socha bhai ka mug unko deti jaon but ap bhi yaha mil gai." She explained, handing us our mugs.

"Thanks Api, wo mein yaha book parhnay ai thi, per yeh mujhay bahar ja-" I tried to say but was cut off by Zain.

"Bahar ja ker meray leye chai lanay ko keh raha tha per tum le ai." He finished, smiling through clenched teeth at me. His eyes slowly and painfully killing me.

Armeena api looked between the two of us, as if trying to catch something before very slowly she nodded her head and turned to leave.

I smirked at him, spinning on my heels and placed the mug on my table, before standing in front of the shelf I pulled out my next read. His eyes following me as I very leisurely sat down on my chair and flipped the book. I knew my each moment was intensifying his anger and I fully enjoyed it.

He slammed the door shut making me jump in my seat and smile at the same time that I skilfully hid behind my tea mug, looking from the corner of my eye as he sat down on his chair.

We spent the next hour in silence as I read my book and Zain typed away on his laptop but I could still feel his piercing gaze on me from time to time.

Sitting in the same position had stiffened my body and it was uncomfortable to sit more but the book had taken an interesting turn immobilising me from even putting it down and so I decided to take the book with me to the room and finish it there. I made a mental note to switch the chair with a sofa.