SECRET

Narrator

Mr. Lee served himself a glass of whiskey and signaled Y/n to seat down on the sofa in his study.

"I know I don't have to tell this but I will, because you don't have a good father figure in your life right now," Mr. Lee coldly told Y/n.

"When you agree to do something. You do it. If you say you're gonna be somewhere then you do just that.

I know that things with The Jangs and Mr. Nishimura are very turbulent.... but I've given you many chances.

This will be my last.

I can't let you keep hurting Hyein the way you have been. She's my daughter and I want good trustworthy people around her.

Will you promise me that you won't take this last chance for granted?" Mr. Lee was stern yet as understandable as he could be about Y/n's current situation.

But Mr. Lee couldn't continue to keep letting Hyein get hurt.

"I promise, Sir," Y/n firmly answered.

"Are you sure? Because if you hurt her again, this won't just be your last chance with me. I will complete cut you off," Mr. Lee wanted to make things clear.

"Yes, Sir. I love Hyein too much to allow that to happen," Y/n made sure reassure Mr. Lee.

"Very well," Mr. Lee took a seat.

- Y/N POV -

I understood what Mr. Lee was saying and he was right. I couldn't just keep being a shit friend. Under no excuse should I be hiding behind to avoid the responsibility of the promises I have made.

"So, what was that about Geon earlier?" Mr. Lee asked as he sipped on his drink.

I sighed in frustration.

I knew that he didn't want to talk to me about Hyein. He wanted to talk about Geon.

"Nothing, Hyein was upset and somehow ended up bring it up," I responded a bit tense.

"What else was said about the topic?" Mr. Lee asked with his eyes narrows.

It didn't seemed like he believed me.

"Nothing, Sir. You know I always act dumb when it comes to that topic," I got a bit defensive.

"Okay, good!" Mr. Lee seemed to relax a bit.

Mr. Lee had been helping me out a lot in the last few years. He made sure I didn't end up in jail or did anything for Mr. Nishimura that would be out of his control.

I was very grateful for it.

So, in return I acted as if I had forgotten about what happened with Geon.

Mr. Lee risked a lot... along with all the other parents.... to hide the fact that I had committed manslaughter.

The girls always thought I had forgotten out of some sort of trauma response or PTSD. Which just made it easier for me keep the secret we are all supposed to never talk about.