Chapter 17: A Normal Day

"Three large Cheeseburgers, one gallon of soda, Crispy Chicken Tenders with macaroni and cheese, a Spicy Chicken Sandwich with onion rings, and a milkshake. Also, a Grilled Chicken Wrap with a side salad and a fruit smoothie... and umm, bring those while I decide what more I need."

"Uhh... But ma'am... are you sure you can eat any more? I think you've already eaten enough... more than enough."

"Just bring her what she wants; she is not a normal human being, Informs Misaka."

"Y-Yes..."

Inside a certain fast food restaurant somewhere in the east part of school district 7, four girls sat at one of the restaurant tables, although three of them were just watching as a certain girl swallowed food like a black hole.

The whole table was filled with empty dishes, all of them belonging to one certain girl with long black hair - Himegami Aisa. Misaka was sitting beside her, with Shirai and Mikoto on the other side.

After Aisa fainted because of her hunger, Misaka quickly gave her a small donut to provide some energy until they reached a closer restaurant. She always carried one just in case like those, and it proved to be a good decision.

The four girls sat in silence, the clatter of cutlery and dishes filling the void while Aisa continued to eat her food with fervor.

Shirai folded her hands up on her mouth, her eyes motionless, locked onto Misaka with deadly seriousness.

Mikoto, feeling the tension in the air, she let out a soft sigh and absentmindedly scratched the back of her head.

"Well, how can I say this... do you remember those rumors about clones of me back then..."

Shirai's stoic facade remained unchanged, her eyes still fixated on Misaka.

"...well, I think you've already figured it out by now. She's a clone made by the Academy City from my DNI tree diagram..."

The revelation hung in the air like a heavy fog, yet Shirai's reaction remained elusive as if she was processing the information in silence.

"I was stupid enough when I was a kid, and I gave them permission to use it... I thought they would use it to help those who were unable to use their muscles, but their goal was totally different..."

Mikoto's voice wavered with regret as she admitted her past mistake. The weight of her decision weighed heavily on her, and she wished she could undo the choices she made as a naive child.

"Umm, sister, Misaka thinks there's something wrong with Shirai-san. Inform Misaka," the clone interjected

Which made Mikoto's eyes shift to Shirai, but the girl didn't show any reaction until now.

"Kuroko?"

Mikoto called out, while the clone extended a hand toward the girl's nose. It had been a while, but she noticed that her chest wasn't moving at all, and she knew the reason as her hand reached her nose.

"Sister... she doesn't breathe..."

"Huh? W-Wait, Kuroko, are you okay? Don't die just like that, answer me," Misaka pleaded, her voice trembling as she shook Shirai violently, desperately trying to rouse her.

And in a sudden moment, the girl gasped for air, her eyes tearing up, and she leaned on her back, trying to catch her breath.

"Hey, what happened to you suddenly?"

"Hee~Hee~Hee~~ I can't choose which Onee-sama to take Hee~Hee~Hee~~ Don't worry, My body has enough love for the two of you Hee~Hee~Hee~"

Mikoto didn't receive her answer. Instead, what she got was a mischievous smile on Shirai's face with a drooling mouth. Shirai was mumbling something as if it was a black magic spell.