01

"A nanny? Don't my parents know I can take care of myself?"

They didn't because, you know. A little sprinkling of child neglect.

"I'm sure you parents fully know your capabilities, master Damian. They just want to make sure that you are set up for success, and this is is how,"

He huffed in annoyance knowing that the assistant was correct, and he followed them into the foyer. (A foyer is the entrance part of the house).

And from the front door, you emerged.

He was immediately disappointed.

You looked like a poor! Your clothes were at least a little decent, but your hair could definitely use some work (if you're bald pretend you are wearing a wig), and the way you stood had the confidence and carefreeness of someone without too much money.

He watched as you looked around the room before your eyes settled on him.

"Hi there, little one! I'm (f/n) (l/n), your nanny,"

You reached your hand out to him and he begrudgingly shook it. Internally he didn't think much of you, but he'd put up a gentlemanlike front.

"Damian Desmond,"

Oh you could already tell the boy didn't like you. The rich types never did. But maybe it wouldn't be so bad, you'd just have to bide your time.

Eventually you went with some maids to get a tour of the house, leaving Damian to get back to his school work.

~•~

He still couldn't wrap his head around why his parents had hired you. Did they really think that little of him? He could do things on his own! Well, at least with some help from the maids when they were there.

"Yes Mr. Desmond, I'm at the house,"

His ears perked up as he heard your voice from the hallway. Were you talking to his father?

He decided to sneak out and listen in on your conversation.

"Yes Mr. Desmond, I've met your son. He seems very polite,"

From the corner of your eye, you spotted the boy spying on you, so you did what you thought would be the best course of action.

"Actually, he's right here. Why don't you talk with him?"

You flagged over the little boy who was quite surprised you noticed him, and was even more shocked that you'd make him talk to his father all of a sudden.

You handed the little boy the phone and he put it up to his ear. It was so adorable!

"Hello Father. Yes, I've been doing good in school. Goodbye,"

He reached over the table the phone stand was on and placed back the phone.

'DAMN THAT WAS SHORT'

You were going to try and say something to comfort the boy for the brief interaction, but he was surprisingly happy with how it went. His father talked to him!

His cheerful expression quickly faded as he turned to look at you.
"I'm going back to my room to study. Don't disturb me,"

As he walked off, all you could think was,
'HOW DOES HE KNOW SO MANY WORDS?!'

_____________________
This is gonna be a medium-burn kind of thing it's gonna be a while before he likes you