13

This morning Damian had woke up early, and hungry for his breakfast, he made his way to your room to wake you up.

He quietly opened your door, peeking inside to see if you were awake yet, and what he saw shocked him.

You stood by the window, bright morning sunlight streaming in as the wind gently blew through your hair. You held your hand out, and a bird rested on it, tilting its head as it examined you.

You even pet the damned bird with your other hand!

How in the hell?!

Damian thought this stuff only happened in fairytales!

He silently approached you before getting to your side, looking up at you suspiciously.

You noticed him and gave him a smile,
"Good morning Damian! Sleep well?"

He just mumbled something in response before you crouched down, holding the small bird closer to the small boy.

"Isn't it cute?"

He nodded, cautiously brining his hand towards the bird.

"Gently now, Damian,"
You warned.

He gently pet the bird with his finger, an excited blush making its way to his face as he felt its soft feathers, a smile creeping on his expression.

"This birds a lot like you, Damian,"
You commented, causing the boy to look at you with suspicion.

"How so?"

You grin mischievously,
"You're both very small,"

The little boy scowled at you for a moment before returning his focus to the bird.

"I wish we could keep it..."
The little boy expressed, not putting too much thought into what he was saying.

"That's a nice thought, having a flying friend in the house. But it's not good to cage an animal that deserves to fly freely in the wild,"

His brow furrowed, his eyes still on the bird,
"But what if it gets eaten or hurt?"

You sighed,
"Then it will still have lived a free life, there isn't much we can do about it,"

The bird let Damian pet it a few more times before flying back out the window, the little boy longingly watching it soar freely into the cloudless  sky.

"C'mon Damian, let's go wash our hands, then I'll get started on breakfast,"

Surprisingly, he did as you asked without any snide remarks.

"The rest of the day off? Mr. Desmond, are you sure about this?"

He grumbled out a response about how treating his employees right was good for approval ratings, even if he didn't care much for what the people thought of him.

"Well you don't need to tell me twice! Thank you for this, sir!"

You quickly set the telephone down and walked quickly to your room, changing out of your nanny clothes and into your regular ones. Yes, there was a difference!