4

"Yes sir, everything is as it should be. But I think it might be good if you visited Dami-"
Your boss hung up on your, and you sighed in defeat.

It was obvious that this child was going to grow up with daddy issues, and you wanted to fix that as soon as possible. The problem was that his father didn't seem to care, or at least was too busy to show up.

"Were you talking with my father?"

You jolted in shock as the little boy surprised you. He seemed calm and collected, but you saw a secret excitement hiding just underneath it all.

"Yes I did. He always asks me how you're doing, and I make sure to tell him about all of your accomplishments,"
That wasn't a total lie. Sometimes his father did ask about him, but not too often, and he usually cut you off after a few words.

But the happy look on the boy's face was just too precious, so maybe you'd slip out a white lie every now and then.

"Okay little man, let's get you ready for school,"

Damian just turned away from you and crossed his arms,
"I can do that myself!"

And then he walked off to his room.

Sassy little turd.

~•~

"Lord Damian, who's that guy who picks you up after school?"
One of his minions asked.

He immediately went into defense mode,
"I have no idea who you're talking about!"

The minion didn't let up,
"Y'know, the one who looks like [words that describe you]?"

At this point Damian realized that trying to deny your existence wasn't a viable strategy, so he decided to switch it up.

"Oh him? He's my personal servant!"

His two little school minions looked at him with amazement,
"Wow, you really have one just for you? That's amazing! As expected of Lord Damian!"

The little boy puffed his chest out with pride, happy that his little lie worked out so well.

Though a certain pink haired little girl knew better. The first day of school after you'd met Damian, the fact that he had a new nanny was all he could think about! So obviously she was able to pick up on that, and a mischievous smile formed on her face while she imagined what she could do with that information.

This would definitely help out her papa!

~•~

"This is my servant, (Y/N)!"
Damian bragged while standing in front of you.

Servant?!
You thought to yourself, getting extremely close to revealing who you really were to his friends.

But the rich child turned his head back to you, glaring at you while giving you pleading eyes simultaneously.

You sighed internally, and just went with it.

"Are you ready to return home, Lord Damian?"
You asked, using a more formal tone than usual.

"Yes I am, servant! Let us go now,"

You bowed slightly to his friends before walking off with the little boy to the car. Even though this was a bit demeaning, the happy look on his face was pretty adorable.

"How come I have to be a servant? Couldn't I at least have been a butler?!"
You complained.

"Be quiet! I had to think of something and that's what came to mind,"
He crossed his arms with a pout. His dignity was at stake, how could you expect him to have had your interests in mind?

You sighed,
"Alright, I get it. Oh, I got you a little something on the way here too,"

You pulled a small box out from under your seat, handing it to the little boy.

"They're chocolates, I figured you could share them with your friends. Or you could have 'em all for yourself,"

He opened the box and popped a chocolate inside of his mouth.

It took every fiber of his being to not smile.

"This is... good,"
He commented, eating another chocolate.

You chuckled,
"Oh come on Damian, theres no need to stifle your emotions in front of me,"

He looked around the car, making sure no one else was watching, and for the first time in what seemed like forever, he genuinely smiled.

A sweet treat could do that to you.

You enjoyed watching him eat his chocolates, which he noticed.

"I'm not sharing any with you!"
He claimed.

"I know, you don't need to,"
You responded.

But just a few moments later, you found a chocolate sitting on your lap.

You looked at him and noticed him turned away from you, his ears slightly pink.
"It slipped out of my hand,"

"Sure it did. Thank you, Damian,"
You said before consuming the chocolate.

He didn't want to admit it, but receiving a gift like this from you made him feel happier than he thought was even possible. You didn't get him these chocolates to get a favor, you didn't even get them to celebrate anything.

You just wanted to give him something nice.

He hoped to receive more chocolates in the future.

~•~

"Papa, did you know Damian has a nanny?"
Anya mentioned randomly while with her father.

Loid responded,
"A nanny you say?"

If you took care of the son, there was no doubt you'd have direct connections with his father. Being on good terms would greatly benefit his mission, but he wasn't so sure what you were like, and would probably need some time to prepare.

Anya was just happy she was able to help her Papa achieve world peace, and that he might finally get a friend outside of work.

Maybe her Mama could be friends with you too.

______________

WOOHOO HES WARMING UP TO YOU AND IM GIVING YOU FRIENDS