seven

JOSIE WAS AT BASKETBALL ONCE AGAIN,  THIS TIME JUST PLAYING AROUND WITH SOME OF THE GIRLS

JOSIE WAS AT BASKETBALL ONCE AGAIN,  THIS TIME JUST PLAYING AROUND WITH SOME OF THE GIRLS. "playing three grades up in the third grade is crazy, jo." azzi laughed, throwing the ball at her. "i couldn't help it! they made me after i accidentally shoved a girl too hard and broke her arm. my mom said no but i couldn't play if i didn't move up." she defended herself, going in for a layup. all the girls where just bonding and sharing funny stories, it was something they did at least once a month. some of them were passing basketball, sitting on the court in a circle, and a few girls were eating food that they had brought. playing good is something that they always take seriously, being close as a team is always something that makes it easier. so they try and always limit the drama and just be honest with each other. speaking of drama, paige was currently sitting besides nika in the circle watching josie laugh at something azzi had said.

nika rolled her eyes, slapping the girls shoulder. "you need to stop staring." she said, watching how paige's cheeks flushed red. "i was just glancing over there!" paige put her face in her hands, trying to cover her flushed face. josie had tucked the back of her shirt into her bra, laying down on the ground. "it's so hot in here." she mumbled, face down on the floor. "you're just feeling the heat from how i just smoked you in cat." azzi laughed, sitting down beside her. "so not true!" she gasped, glaring at the girl. everyone laughed, looking at josie's face. "i obviously beat you. i made the half court and you didn't!" josie moved to sit down, accidentally hitting paige's leg in the process. she patted paige's leg in a way of saying sorry, not realizing who it was.

much to nika's enjoyment, paige's face flushed red again. azzi snorted, looking over at paige. "do you think it's a bit toasty in here too?" she asked, laughing when paige flipped her off. "you guys are asses." paige mumbled, taking a sip of her pepsi. "can we go back to how you accidently broke some little girls arm jos?" caroline leaned forward, everyone nodding in agreement. "it was like forever ago, but i was really mad at this girl we were playing so when she had the ball i gave her a nice push and got it back. i was benched the rest of the game." she shrugged, not thinking that much about it with it being over ten years ago. "i couldn't pay you enough money to do that now." everyone laughed at what ice said, agreeing with her. josie was a big softie on the court. she always helped people up during games or even tying someone's shoe.

she has friends on almost every team they play, since she will literally talk to random people mid game. josie never had went along with the being mean to win, even all throughout high school. "i just don't see the point in being mean to people!" she shrugged, fixing her ponytail. "trust me, we know." azzi patted her shoulder, laughing. they had decided to order food and go back to the house since they were getting tired. "does pizza sound good?" josie asked, trying to place the order on her phone. she got a response of 'yes' and 'yum' over the group of girls. they all started to talk and  clean up their mess, so she walked a few steps away so she could hear. paige was picking up her trash she had put on the ground, walking over to the trash can by everyone's bags.