sixteen

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAILS!" josie screamed, walking up behind the blonde after her practice

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAILS!" josie screamed, walking up behind the blonde after her practice. geno had let her go and miss two days, because they were leaving for their europe tour soon. "jos? what are you doing here?" hailey smiled, wrapping her arms around the girls waist and giving her a hug. "i had to come tell my best friend happy birthday obviously." she rolled her eyes, bouncing on feet out of excitement. "i've missed you so much!" josie said, going in for another hug. hailey just hugged her back, knowing how clingy she can be. they walked out of lsu's practice gym, josie holding onto hailey's arm. "we should go and eat something!"

hailey agreed, opening up the passenger door before going to get in on the drivers side. josie took the aux cord, plugging it into her phone and started playing the playlist of songs she knew hailey liked. the brunette had her mind set on making sure hailey had the best day ever, and nothing was going to get in her way to stop her. they ended up going to a shopping outlet, because the restaurant they both loved was there. "do you wanna eat inside or outside?" hailey asked, looking down at the brunette beside of her. "outside, obviously." they sat down, talking about anything that came to mind. they haven't seen each other in a few months so whatever came to their head became another conversation topic.

while josie and hailey were enjoying their lunch, paige was currently having a mental breakdown back in storrs. "azzi you know what happened junior year. why are you acting so calm about this?" she was pacing in front of azzi, who was looking at her phone pretending to listen. "because they aren't juniors anymore? plus i'm pretty sure they agreed to never do it again, if i remember correctly." she rolled her eyes, texting someone back. paige sighed, realizing her bestfriend was probably right. "i just worry yknow? not that she likes me back or anything but like it would totally like kill me if it happened again." azzi snorted, "so dramatic and for what? she's going to be gone two days, then you have her all to yourself in greece."

"hails, your hair is so long." josie reaches over the table, playing with the ends of the blondes hair. "i've been growing it out, angel convinced me." she smiled, taking a drink. "ughhh, i need to go and see everyone! it feels like years since i've been here." she sighed, looking hailey in the eyes as she leaned back in her chair. their waitress walked over, clearly checking out josie in the process. "hi guys! i'm emiliee, what can i get started for you?" she asked, putting her hand on the back of josie's chair. hailey looked up from her menu, eyeing the green eyed woman standing behind josie. "um, i'll just get the chicken tender platter..." josie looked up awkwardly, eyeing hailey with a look of help written all over her face. "i'll have the burger, but no onions." hailey smiled sarcastically, handing the waitress her menu. "i'll get that in for you guys!" emiliee smiled, patting josie's shoulder before walking back towards the kitchen. they both slowly turned to look at each other, before bursting out in laughter. "no way that just happened." josie breathed out, covering her flushed face with her hands. hailey snorted, tossing her hair over her shoulder.

they fell back into a flowing conversation, waiting for their food. it took about twenty more minutes, before the waitress came back out carrying a tray with their food on it. she placed down their food, before looking over at josie. "so are you from around here?" josie looks up, choking on her food. "um no, i'm from minnesota, but i go to college in connecticut." she smiles, kicking hailey under the table. "oh...that's where i've seen you from. you okay basketball right?" emiliee asks, putting a hand on her hip. "yeah, i'm thirteen. we played around here last year." she smiled, trying not to be rude. "now i remember, you were the one who me and my friends were totally obsessing over, you looked so good." josie's ears flushed red, not expecting that. hailey's eyes widened, holding back a snort at her friends reaction. "thank you! it was a tough game if i remember correctly." she nodded, rubbing her hands on her thighs. "but like, do you have instagram or something? i would love to keep talking but i have tables to get too." emiliee sighed, forming a pout on her face. josie nodded shyly, getting out her phone to show her account.

emiliee was reading her username, when another text from paige came through. "sorry about that.." josie quickly turned her phone back around, god knows what paige could've texted her. "okay, i just followed you, make sure to follow me back and i'll dm you or something." she smiled, walking away to a different table. hailey bursts out laughing, throwing her head back. "oh my god, i wish i could've recorded that whole interaction for future use. that would've been amazing." josie rolled her eyes, eating a fry. "can you hurry up and eat i wanna leave like right now."  josie gave hailey puppy dog eyes, smiling as hailey stood up. she put money down on the table, grabbing the blondes hand as they walked out.

"can we go and get ice cream?" josie looked up at hailey, rubbing her thumb on the back of haileys hand. hailey looks down meeting her eyes, "yeah, i was actually about to ask you that."

jazzie speaks !!

jazzie speaks !!

i'm backkkk!!!