Chapter 24: Unveiling the Other Side

London, United Kingdom, Omega Earth

The echo of Phoenix's last lines resonated in the room as he completed his audition for a prestigious film. The directors' approving nods and genuine smiles spoke volumes – his performance had been a success.

"You've got the role, Jamie," one of the directors exclaimed, her enthusiasm infectious. "You'll be the leading star in our upcoming movie."

A rush of elation surged through Phoenix's veins as he absorbed the news. He could hardly contain his excitement, his smile lighting up the scene. The years of dedication to his craft had led him to this moment, a moment of triumph and recognition.

As Phoenix left the room, his manager gave him a congratulatory pat on the back. "Well done, Phoenix. This is the start of something big." The manager was a shrewd yet supportive figure who had been assigned to assist him by Faust personally.

As his manager spoke, Phoenix's mind was already racing ahead, thoughts of his own desires tugging at him. He contemplated his next move as he considered the prospect of celebrating his accomplishment. An idea took shape – a journey to a place that held more than just delicious food.

Turning to his manager, he hesitated for a moment before gathering the words. "Hey, think you could arrange a flight to Korea?" he inquired. "Jett's opening a new restaurant there, and I'd love to be at the grand opening tomorrow."

His manager's expression shifted, a mixture of understanding and caution. "Miss Han's restaurant? I understand. I'll have Kingdom prepare an aircraft for you. But before you make any plans, Brimstone's looking for you," she informed him.

Phoenix's shoulders sagged slightly as he let out a sigh of mild frustration. He knew that when Brimstone called, it usually meant business. With a nod of resignation, he relented, "Alright, fine. I'll talk to him."

With that agreement, Phoenix reached for his phone and dialed Brimstone's number. The familiar ringing tone connected him to the team's leader, and he cleared his throat, preparing to greet the stalwart commander. "Big man, it's Phoenix. What's up?"

Brimstone's inquiry was straightforward, "How did the audition go?" 

"I got the role. Shooting starts in two weeks," Phoenix replied, pride evident in his voice.

Brimstone's congratulatory response carried genuine warmth, "Congratulations, kid. That's fantastic news." Yet, the conversation took a swift turn, as Brimstone transitioned to his mission proposal. "We'll celebrate with the others soon, but for now, I got a mission for you." A heavy sigh escaped Phoenix's lips as he inquired, "Alright, what's the mission?"

With a seriousness that matched his role as commander, Brimstone revealed the details. "Kingdom has identified abnormal energy fluctuations from an abandoned teleporter terminal in Belgium. I want you to investigate."

Phoenix's eyebrows shot up in surprise, his intrigue evident. "...intruders from Alpha?" he speculated.

Brimstone's tone held a hint of caution, "It's possible. Rendezvous with Glitch and Fade before you go. They're going as well."

"The new agents? Don't bother, I'm good on my own," Phoenix said confidently.

"Don't be reckless. You don't know how many of them will be there. You'll need their help," Brimstone replied with wisdom. The weight of responsibility rested in his words. A sigh escaped Phoenix's lips once more, his thoughts racing as he processed the new task.

Hearing the sigh, Brimstone seized the moment, adding, "If you act quickly, you might just have enough time to make it to Korea by tomorrow. I'll even let you take the Vulture."