CHAPTER 2

" I swore on our love, I will avenge your death, Suguru

" I swore on our love, I will avenge your death, Suguru."
.....................

July, 2000

Though the two did not have a good start, with both of them finding one another as annoying as a mosquito buzzing near one's ear at night. They had no choice but to bear each other as they were forced to meet up every week to spend quality time with each other much to their distaste.

Y/n was nine years old and satoru ten.

The white haired boy took every opportunity at his disposal to rub his seniority over the little lime eyed girl, even though he was just a year older than her. It made the h/c coloured girl despise his guts more.

"You look like the elephant, Tika in the island princess." Y/n spat.

"Says the one who looked like a goblin." The boy retorted.

"I am pretty!" The little girl stated firmly.

"You wish."

A pout formed on her rosy lips and she clenched her fists. "You take that back."

"Or else what will you do? Cry—" before he could finished his sentence, the infuriated girl pouched on him, grabbing a fistful of his white locks and tucked on them, earning a groan from the boy.

"Get your hands off me." He shouted, grabbing her hair and pulling on them as hard as he could, in hopes she'd let go. However, it made the lime eyed girl hold onto his locks with her other free hand too and tugged on them harder. He swore, if she pulled any harder, she might pull his entire hair off his head.

"No!! You take off your hands first."

"No, you!"

"You first!"

"You!"

"You!"

"How about we get our hands off together at the count of three?" He suggested, his head starting to feel numb at this point.

"Alright. You better leave my hair though." She agreed, the pain starting to grow unbearable. The boy got a hand of steel.

"Okay then. One."

"Two."

"Three."

"You said you'd let go!" The white haired boy whined.

"You didn't either, so who do you think you are to complain?" She held onto his hair as if her life depended on it.

"I hate you."

"The feelings mutual."

......................

April, 2003

Y/n was now twelve. She walked with Aiko to the Gojo estate, not looking very pleased. The very thought of meeting the white haired boy ruin her mood. He was such a jerk. She wish she could double slap him the moment she laid eyes on him. But after the previous incident where they had almost clawed each other over a game of chess. She had been detained by her father and warned not to cause further trouble, least she wished to be punished severely.

"Ah... young master, lady y/n has arrived." The maid told the boy, as she noticed the approaching forms of the said girl alongside her personal maid.

He hated her guts.

"Good afternoon." Y/n greeted, forcing a smile. The sudden change in the girl demeanour towards him took him by surprise and he scrutinised her under his harsh gaze. His arms folded against his chest. What was she scheming? He could only think as she smiled at him politely.

"We will be leaving the two of you alone to chat then." Aiko said with a smile. She leaned near the little girl's ear to whisper a 'please, be nice' While her eyes cried out to her to not cause any more trouble.

"What's got you behaving so well towards me today?" He asked as soon as they were left alone. She turned to look at the pond, a calm look on her face.

"Well... we are suppose to marry in the near future. So I thought I might as well stop fighting with you."

"Who said I'd marry you!?" His cheeks flared up.

She casually turned to him. "Didn't you know? We are predestined to marry one another. Doesn't it sound like straight out of a fairy tale?" She clasped her hands together, stars in her eyes. She was literally trying to freak out the boy. "I, a princess and you my Prince Charming."

"The hell I'd be your Prince Charming, you goblin. You need to be slain down instead."

"Exactly." She answered, shocking him. "I don't need a silver spoon Prince Charming like you. I need a knight in shining armour instead who would break me free from the curse and save me."

"Which curse? The only curse I see is you." He deadpanned.

"My house." She replied quickly. "Then he'll take me to a far away place where we will live happily ever after." A dreamy look in her eyes. It did not seemed bad to have someone take her away from her house which now felt like a cage. She felt like a puppet under the elders and her father's control. "If you like, you get a princess too to live with." She turned to him, the breeze passing by as she did, pulling her locks in a beautiful dance to the melodies of the swaying branches.

For the first time, Gojo felt different seeing her. Those lime hues, which always glowered with annoyance, appeared soft and almost lonely. He saw a piece of him in her pools of lime hues. 

Did she felt as lonely as he did?

......................
November, 2005

Y/n and Satoru relationship seemed to improve over the couple of years as the sworn nemesis, decided to quit their childish fights and try to be friends for once.

Both of them being at the top of the food chain, the solitude and emptiness they felt were the same which made them understand each other better. And no sooner, they took a sharp u turn from being a menace to one another to being a menace to others.

"You are getting enrolled in jujitsu high soon, right satoru?" She asked, rolling over on her tummy to rest her face flat on the soft pillow. She had been laying on the porch like a log of wood for quite while.

"Hmmm... you already missing me?" The said boy said with a smug look on his handsome face.

"You wish." She drawled, earning a pout in return. She sat up. "Hey..." her eyes sparkled up. "If you meet any handsome guy in jujitsu high, don't forget to introduce me to him."

"Like any handsome guy would like you back."