CHAPTER 10

'Can I atleast love you from afar?'

...............

"Do you think you can escape the marriage?" Shoko asked the e/c eyed woman, when she saw her flip the lighter open to lit up the cigarette placed between her rosy lips. "And I didn't know you smoke."

"I know I can't." She answered, taking out the cigarette from her lips. Her eyes lost in a distant memory. "But I am already an unmarried widow of Suguru." She glance at Shoko, her lips curved up in a ghost of a smile. "And I am just giving it a try. Do you want one?" She offered her but retracted it. "Ah— sorry I forgot you quit."

'An unmarried widow.' Shoko repeated those words in her mind. "I might have a puff now that you've refreshed my memory of the past." The said woman let out a small laugh and gladly offered her the packet of cigarettes to pick one. Shoko turned to her when she had placed the tobacco in her lips for her to lit up with the lighter. She saw Suguru in the h/c haired woman as she leaned closer to lit up the cigarette with the silver lighter. Her eyes filled with sorrow and sympathy for y/n. She was fully aware of her love for Suguru.

"I am a bad influence now." Y/n said, bringing her out of her thoughts. "Don't tell principal Yaga I gave you the cigarette if he catch us. I am already in a lot of trouble." She inhaled the toxic smoke like it was sweet nectar.

"I won't." Shoko answered, leaning against the concrete wall. She took a quick glance of her acquaintance. "And what about Satoru?" She was also aware of the affection the cocky man harboured for her. Though he had hidden it perfectly like a treasure.

"What about Satoru?" The h/c haired woman repeated. "You mean about the marriage." She turned to Shoko who bobbed her head in response. Y/n let out a sigh. "Satoru... you know him better than I do." She didn't know her childhood friend anymore ever since the day she found out he killed Suguru. She never thought her white haired comrade would ever do such a thing. But he did.

"I am suggesting he gets himself a lover." She added, a chuckle following suite. It seemed almost impossible for the man to get a lover with how arrogant and cocky he was. Of course, he was handsome and maybe perfect in the eyes of the onlookers. However, close up he was too complicated for anyone to handle him for the rest of their life.

"He already seem to have one. I thought you knew, Y/n." Shoko answered, silently watching her acquaintance.

"You mean himself." The said woman replied with another laugh escaping her lips. To her, Gojo Satoru was incapable of loving anyone. Maybe if she cleared the mist of sorrows and pain from her mind and soul. She would be able to finally see those sky blue hues gaze at her with full of admiration.

At first, she was too blinded by her love for Suguru to see Satoru slowly fall deeply in love with her in the sidelines. And now, she was too blinded by her loss to realise he was in love with her.