CHAPTER 6

"I swore on our love, I will avenge your death, Suguru

"I swore on our love, I will avenge your death, Suguru."

.......

Satoru knew somewhere in his heart that y/n love his best friend. And he watched her fall deeper in love with the black haired man with each passing day.

Suguru loved her as much.

They never told one another how much they love one another. But words were not needed to convey their love for each other. Just the look in their eyes when they gaze into one another, the small act of services, the smiles and laughter they shared, the way they talk with one another with so much passion yet gentleness. It was like they were the epitome of love without words.

"I wish I could join you." Y/n said as Suguru informed about his upcoming mission with the white haired man, the star plasma vessel mission. Something just didn't settle well with her. Part of her wish to asks him if he could just not go to this mission. However, she could not possibly do that.

Suguru placed his warm hand on her head. "You don't need to worry, y/n. I'll be fine, I promise." He reassured her, noticing the look of concern in her enchanting lime hues.

"Alright. But please do take care." She replied, trying to ease her heart. "I can't have you dying on me."

A laugh rumbled out of his throat. "I know." He answered. It was like an 'I love you too' to her words which meant the same three words in disguise. He love her yet he could never tell her like how she could not.

She was betrothed to Satoru. And he knew, they did not love each other. But still somehow, he felt a sense of guilt for falling in love with his best friend's fiancé. Maybe it was because of the look in Gojo's eyes.

Only if she knew, this mission would let suguru slip away.

They were barely holding onto one another. Yet before they could intertwine their hands, he would slip off like a sand from her hand.

Cause when Suguru returned from the mission, it was like he lost a piece of himself. He always look tired and worn out. She tried to be by his side as much as she could. However, she could not because of the countless numbers of missions which were tossed on her back to back. Her father had learned of her closeness with Suguru, unknown to her and it was him who had decided to distanced her from him by keeping her busy with the missions.

She was kept so busy she couldn't even attend Haibara's funeral. She could not even see him one last time before he was buried and it shattered her heart. She could not be there to comfort Nanami and console him too.

But the final blow which completely tore her apart was when Suguru walked out of her life for a new world he dreamed of. She blamed it on herself. If only she was there for him in his hard times maybe just maybe he would have not traded on the wrong path. 

Suguru leaving the jujitsu high impacted her much more than it did on Satoru. She lost her one and only love just a few days after she lost her best friend, Haibara.

"Satoru..." she called out the white haired man, gaining his attention. "Do you think I should go with Suguru?"

He remained silent. He knew it was selfish of him but he did not want her to leave him. He didn't know if he could bear to lose another precious person in his life.

Moreover,

He love her though he knew, she would never love him back the way he love her.