Stuffed in a Bag

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"It was awesome!" Jamie's voice comes from his room as Jack and I watch from the window. "So then I was flying down this hill and it was like, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh through these cars!" He explains, dramatically waving his toy around. "And then this truck was coming at me but then got slowed down! And then the sled hit this-this thing and it was like way up in the air!"

He leaps up, landing onto bed and on his back.

"And then bam! A sofa hit me, and see? My tooth came out!" Jamie shows Sophie his missing tooth, making her giggle as she reaches for it.

"All right, you," his Mom laughs, shaking her head. "Tooth under your pillow?"

"Yeah, I'm ready." He firmly replies, clicking his toy on to light up the room as he grabs his flashlight from under his pillow.

"Now, don't stay up trying to see her, Jamie," his Mom reminds as he shines his light around. "Or she won't come."

"But I can do it this time! You wanna help me, Soph? We can hide and see the Tooth Fairy!"

"Hide, hide, hide, hide!" Sophie grins, clapping.

"Uh-uh. Straight to bed now, mister," their Mom shakes her head, grabbing Sophie as she whines before giggling.

"Mom!" Jamie groans, sighing.

Jack's magic frosts over the window, making me look up at him. His smile drops when he notices it, shaking his head as he clears his throat.

He gracefully leaps on the rooftop, waiting for me as I look back at the happy family. With a sigh, I fly up, joining him.

"You okay?" I softly question, sighing as I look around at the handful of people walking along the sidewalk.

"I just... I don't get it." Jack grunts, sighing as he looks towards the Moon. "If there's something we're doing wrong... Can you just tell us what it is? I mean, I've tried everything... And she... She is known to be Cupid! And yet... No one ever sees us."

Manny was quiet as I sadly watch Jack, sighing softly as I sit on the rooftop.

"You put me-- us here! She was alone way before you put me here. The least you can do... Is tell us why."

I frown as only silence was heard in response.

It was true. Like Jack... I don't know why I became 'Cupid'. I only knew my name and my title... And that was all.

Jack grips his staff as he plops down on the roof next to me with a huff, his hoodie over his head.

I look around with a small frown, gasping when I spot a young woman walking towards a young man, who was texting while he waited at the bus stop.

"I know what will make you feel better," I grin, flipping his hood down and pulling him to his feet as he chuckles.

"Oh?"

"Come on, come on!" I reply, dragging him closer and we both fly up, landing on electricity lines. "Okay, see that woman?"

"... No," Jack sarcastically responds, making me sigh and lightly punch his arm as he yelps with a laugh. "Okay, yes. I see her. So?"

"You're going to help me make those two meet," I grin, my bow conjuring in my hand and an arrow appearing in my quiver.

"Wait-- really?! Yes!" He cheers, jumping in the air and balancing on his staff as he grins, eagerly looking down at me. "Finally! I get to help you. So... what do ya want me to do?"