Jamie's Bedroom

...

Third Person P.O.V

Pitch turns at the sound of his Nightmare returning before his gaze sets on the globe, the lights no longer flickering out.

"The lights..." He mumbles, his brows furrowing as the Fairies chitter above him in cages. "Why aren't they going out?!"

The Nightmare whinnies in reply, snorting and shaking its head.

"They're collecting the teeth?"

The Fairies chitter in excitement, some smug with smirks and other with relieved smiles.

"Oh, pipe down! Or I'll stuff a pillow with you!" Pitch bellows in a rage, angrily pointing to the Fairies.

His Nightmare tilts its head, slowly approaching Pitch. He glances at the Nightmare, snarling and startling the Nightmare into dust.

Pitch scoffs, using the dust and bending it to his will to create Sandman.

"Fine. Have your last hurrah. For tomorrow... All your pathetic scrambling will be for nothing."

He crushes the sand in his palm, smirking.

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"He kept his tooth under pillow..." I smile to myself, watching Tooth collect the small white tooth.

"Left central incisor," she mumbles to herself, admiring it before smirking with a raised brow. "Knocked out in a freak sledding accident. I wonder how that could have happened."

"Jack," I cough under my breath, making Tooth snicker as Jack chuckles.

"Kids, huh?" He jokes, his hand setting on a picture Jamie had drawn.

I raise my brows with a small smile as bashfully grins at me. My eyes shift to Tooth, my smile falling to a look of surprise at the knowing look she was giving me as she twirled the coin in her hand.

She smiles softly, fluttering silently above Jamie.

"This was always the part I liked most. Seeing the kids," Tooth chuckles quietly, my gaze landing on Jamie's peaceful face as he slept.

"Why did you stop?" I question, making her look at me as she rubs her arms. "It's okay if you don't tell me. It's just... You love the kids. But you haven't been around them in so long."

Tooth remains silent, her expression twisted with confusion towards herself.

"I don't know why," she finally says, lightly chuckling to try to ease her nerves.

"Hmm," Jack hums lightly, squatting down at Jamie's side and resting his staff on his shoulders. "It's a little different up close, huh?"

Tooth smiles, fluttering away from Jamie and flying between us.

"Thanks for being here, guys. I wish I'd known about your memories," she sighs, taking my hand and setting her other one on Jack's shoulders. "I could've helped you two."

"It's okay," I grin, making her smile back. "It's not your fault, Tooth. Jack and I should've tried talking to you all more. Maybe things would have been different... But for now, let's worry about you."

"Yeah," Jack agrees, grinning at me. "Let's just get you taken care off. Then it's Pitch's turn."

"Here you are!" North's voice grunts, the window clanking as he loudly opens it and squeezes through. "Ah! You two! Slacking off again?" He questions loudly, looking between me and Jack.