Cupid

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"Okay... Here I go," I nervously smile, Jack grinning at me reassuringly as he sets his hand over mine.

He gently moves my hand to the diamond, nodding as I nod back.

I set my finger on the diamond... And visions enveloped me.

...
..

9 year old me sat alone under an old oak tree. Its leaves were brilliant shades of orange and yellow, showing off that it was fall.

I sniffle and wipe my tears, sighing as I hug my legs to my chest.

"Stupid Mom and Dad... Why did we have to leave home? I hate this stupid village." I hiccup, crossing my arms over my knees as I cry.

"Hi..." A gentle voice greets, making me gasp as I look up from my spot with wide eyes.

A boy with dark brown hair and bright brown eyes was looking down at me with a goofy grin. His smile falls when he sees my tears, making me gasp and quickly wipe them away.

"Are-- Are you okay?" He stammers, tilting his head as he squats down to my height. "I don't think I've seen you before."

I sniffle as my eyes tear up again, startling him as he yelps.

"I-I'm... We just moved here. My momma and papa and me," I explain with a trembling bottom lip.

He frowns at me before grinning, standing tall.

"Why're you so sad? Moving is fun! See? I'm moving right now!" He jokes, spinning around before playfully falling into a pile of leaves as I giggle lightly.

The leaves fly up and around us as I wipe my tears away, giggling as I peek over at him. His eyes were closed, a grin on his face.

"Are you dead?" I poke his arm, making him snicker as he jolts up.

"Your magical touch has healed me!" He shouts in a dramatic voice before cheering, "hurray!"

I laugh, my cheeks hurting from smiling so much since I hadn't lately.

"Yay!" I giggle, watching as he gives me a side smile.

"I knew your smile would be pretty!" He smiles widely, making me blush lightly as I hide my face in my knees.

"T-- Thank you."

"Come on, I wanna show you something!" He suddenly says, quickly rising and offering his hand.

"Um... I don't know... I have to do my chores," I sigh, shaking my head.

"I can help you when we get back! It's not that far from here. It's the pond just down the hill! " He replies with a never-ending smile. "Come on. Forget your chores. We're gonna have a little fun instead!"

I look between the house and the boy, biting my lip in thought. I look up at him, his brown eyes begging for me to join him as he grins.

"Okay," I nod, nervously smiling and taking his hand. "But... Who are you?"

His hand was warm and comforting as he replied, "I'm Jack."

...

2 years later...

"Hello there!" I coo at the baby in the crib, smiling at her small brown tuff of hair and her brown eyes. "She is so adorable-- Jack she just grabbed my finger! I know babies do that but oh my gosh--"

"Wow, (Y/N)," Jack laughs, joining my side as our mother's talk in the kitchen. He waves his finger with a soft smile as she giggles. "Don't you think you're... fawning over her too much? I mean, come on. She's just a baby-- ouch!"