Teaming Up

...

Third Person P.O.V

(Y/N)'s arrow shines a faint gold hue as it shoots towards Pitch, the man's eyes widening as his eyes dart to it.

The arrow grazes his shoulder as he barely manages to dodge it, making him hiss in pain as he clutches the wound on his shoulder. The Nightmare neighs and vanishes as Bunny throws his boomerang with a yell, Pitch dodging it before jumping onto his Nightmare as it reappears.

Jack gasps and quickly follows (Y/N) as she flies after him, the other Guardians doing the same.

Bunny grunts as he tosses three eggs, Pitch dodging the explosions as (Y/N) aims another arrow, firing it. Pitch dodges the golden arrow, and vanishes.

North lands with a loud thump, aiming his swords as the others look around defensively.

"He's gone," North grumbles, lowering his weapons with a scowl.

"I don't sense him anymore," (Y/N) softly agrees, sighing as her wings and bow vanish.

Tooth sighs, slumping on the floor as she holds one of the discarded teeth capsules. Baby Tooth rests on another in front of her, sadly tilting her head.

"Okay, all right, I admit it. You were right about Pitch." Bunny's voice could be heard in the back, talking to North and Sandy as (Y/N) and Jack join Tooth.

"I'm sorry about the Fairies," Jack apologizes quietly, squatting down as (Y/N) kneels next to her.

"Me too," (Y/N) rubs her arm with a sigh, Tooth nodding slowly with gratitude as she sighs.

"You should have seen them. They put up such a fight," Tooth proudly smiles before sighing once more as Baby Tooth flutters around Jack and (Y/N)'s head.

"Why would Pitch take the teeth?" Jack questions in confusion, his brow furrowed.

"It's not the teeth he wanted," Tooth glances between the two, holding up the capsule. "It's the memories inside them."

"Memories?" (Y/N) questions, standing. "What do you mean?"

"That's why we collect the teeth, (Y/N)," Tooth explains as (Y/N) softly exhales as she looks down at Jack. "They hold the most important memories of childhood."

Jack rises to his feet, creating a frost path for him and (Y/N) across the pond as they follow Tooth to a mural.

"My fairies and I watch over them. And when someone needs to remember what's important, we help them." Tooth looks up at the painting with a fond smile. "We had everyone's here. Both of yours, too."

"Our... memories? You had our memories?" (Y/N)'s eyes widen as she and Jack look at each other.

"From when you were young," Tooth nods as she replies, looking back at the two. "Before you became Jack Frost and Cupid."

"But... I wasn't anyone before I was Jack Frost," Jack stammers, backing away slightly as (Y/N) remains silent, looking up at the mural.

"Of course you were. Just like she was someone before she was Cupid," Tooth tilts her head in confusion as she watches (Y/N)'s brows furrow. "We were all someone before we were chosen."

Jack softly gasps, touching (Y/N)'s shoulder as she shakes out of her daze.

"What?" She breathes out, blinking rapidly.

"You should have seen Bunny!" North's voice echoes softly before he wheezes, Sandy smiling with amusement.

"Hey! I told you never to mention that!" Bunny hisses as he points firmly to North, nervously looking between him and Jack and (Y/N).

"That night at the pond I just... I assumed," Jack gasps as he shakes his head, looking between Tooth and (Y/N). "I mean... before you found me I just thought..."

"Wait, so you're saying that we had a life before this? We weren't just... I don't know, made by Manny?" (Y/N) questions as she begins to pace.

"We had a life before this? With... With a home and a family?" Jack stammers as he widely grins, grabbing (Y/N)'s arm to make her stop pacing.

"You two really don't remember?" Tooth questions, tilting her head with a frown.

"I can't believe it," (Y/N) shakes her head with a small laugh. "All these years the answers were right here. If only I just... asked!"

"If we find our memories then we'll know why we're here!" Jack cuts her off with a wide smile, nodding as he scoops (Y/N) up bridal style as he flies in the air. "You have to show us!"

"Jack! Put me down!" (Y/N) laughs as he zips around in excitement.

"I-- I can't, Jack," Tooth calls with sadness, making him pause. "Pitch has them."

He turns around, landing on a high ledge and setting (Y/N) down as he aims his staff with an excited grin.

"Then we have to get them back!"

Tooth goes to reply, gasping as some of her feathers fall off her and disappear. (Y/N) grunts in pain as she kneels down, panting as she clenches at her heart. Jack squats to her side, setting his hand on her back as he anxiously watches her.

"The children..." (Y/N) breathes out as the others watch the mural flake away.

"We're too late!" Tooth whimpers, shaking her head.

"No! No!" North shouts firmly, waving his swords as he yells. "No such thing as too late!"

Jack helps (Y/N) as she stands, shaking off the pain as she inhales and exhales deeply and watches North.

"Hmm," North grumbles as he paces, resting his swords on his shoulders as he taps the hilt with his fingers. "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!"

His eyes light up as he suddenly aims his sword directly in front of Bunny, who leans back to dodge it.

"Idea!!" North bellows with laughter.

(Y/N) softly laughs as Jack grins in amusement, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

North squats as he gestures to the Guardians with his swords.

"We... will collect the teeth!" He states confidently, aiming his swords between the guardians.

"What?" Tooth questions, her voice a pitch higher and laced with disbelief.

"We get teeth, children keep believing in you," North explains as he waves his swords, aiming one down as he points to her.

"We're talking seven continents and millions of kids--"

"Give me break," North cuts her off with a dismissing hand wave, scoffing. "You know how many toys I deliver in one night?"

"And eggs I hide in one day?" Bunny adds with a smirk, making Tooth tilt her head with a grin.

"And, (Y/N), Jack," North calls to the pair. "If you help us... we will get you two your memories."

Jack narrows his eyes as he hums in thought, sighing and shaking his head with an amused smile as (Y/N) eagerly nods.

Tooth laughs as she and Baby Tooth look at one another, Bunny nodding in approval as Sandy gives them two thumbs up. North smirks as Jack looks at (Y/N), knowing he would agree since she did.

(Y/N) looks back at Jack with a wide grin, making him sigh in exasperation before he chuckles.

"We're in."

...
..
.