1.

AGAIN. I DID MY RESEARCH AND I WROTE WHAT I LEARNED. IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES, I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE. AGAIN, I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE SLAVERY LOOK LIKE IT WAS ALL HAPPY AND CUTE. THIS IS ONLY SO YOU KNOW THE PAST LIVES OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS.

-

Nevaeh paid no mind to them, to their whispering. She continued to work on the Sugar canes. today was a very stressful day, because it was extremely hot. At least, it felt that way. One of the New Slaves kept looking at her. 

He would look at his hands confusingly and then take a peek at Nevaeh. 

Nevaeh wasn't sure why she found that amusing, it looked like he was too shy to ask for help. But right now was the time to work, if Nevaeh decided to help him, Master would be angry. He doesn't want anyone slacking off.

And she was afraid the new Recruit would be beaten. But helping him now was better than sneaking into where he slept, and teaching him there. So, moments went by, and the Man kept watching Nevaeh's hands, observing how she worked, So she looked at him and waited till he stared into her eyes.

When he did, Nevaeh bent her head down as a sign for him to come over to where she was. He looked around frantically, and when he made sure that Master wasn't around at the moment, he lumbers towards her. His eyes bore into Nevaeh's eyes.

He looks like he has seen a Ghost. He nervously averts his gaze to her hands, and to catch his attention, Nevaeh snaps her fingers gently. His head moves up, and he raises an eyebrow. At this point, Nevaeh wasn't sure if she could communicate with him somehow. But, all Slaves have been FORCED to speak English, so that they could Understand their Masters.

She awkwardly clears her throat, she presses her index against her chest, and says lowly. "Me. I'm Nevaeh." The Man's face lights up with realization, he smiles causing his eyes to crinkle. He also presses his finger against his chest. "Luo Cheng." 

She wasn't sure if she could say it in the right Accent, so she just stared confusingly. Cheng found it amusing and respectful of her to want to say his name right. He repeated himself, and she repeated after him until she could get it right. When she did, she muttered it under her breath, Cheng silently listened to how her sweat voice sounded, when she was whispering his name.

It felt nice. To get pass the First name part, he believed they were friends after this Moment. 

Johnny was on a horse, he rode around, checking if everything was going smoothly. When he noticed how some Slaves were talking instead of working, he would whip them. Johnny's face twisted into a Scowl when he had spotted Cheng and Nevaeh talking, and smiling to each other. At least, that was how it looked like to him. He started to ride faster, and Nevaeh gasped when she saw him. 

Johnny twisted his wrist backwards, the whip flew over his Shoulder, and he got ready to whip Cheng's back. Luckily, Nevaeh pushed Cheng away, who stumbled forward but got back up in time to glare at the way Johnny's whip had caused a horrifying cut to appear on Nevaeh's right cheek. Cheng felt guilty, but he was too scared to defy Johnny.

Nevaeh smiled at Cheng's face that was covered with Sadness and guilt, the stinging pain shook her to the core but she had to get back to work.

LATER

Mary stared at her with disappointment, and Concern. She wouldn't be surprised if this Girl dies the next day, it was a rude thing to think, but she had her reasons. 

The New Slaves had a few Huts to stay in. it was right next to the Black Slaves. Someone knocked on the door. There was a Celebration outside, some would sing, dance, or some would gather around and tell stories. But, some would be inside, learning how to read and write with Old Mark.